Newest Members
SiegmundNYC, TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul, serenity38, vivo
12486 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Can-tex (45), cbchorn (41)
Who's Online
2 registered (BraveFalcon, 1 invisible), 19 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12487 Members
74 Forums
64151 Topics
447621 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#77393 - 10/10/04 04:55 PM Guardian Spirit
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
I went to my catholic cathedral today, I go when I can, sometimes the organ is being practiced, it is so immense and gracious the sound of a true pipe organ, even when the place is empty, the acoustics are just so right.

The cathedral is not oblong like most, but a type of almost circular place, and there are about eight little chapels, each one of them is dedicated to one thing or another.

One chapel is dedicated to the unborn, and the sick and impoverished children of the World, it is really hard to go into as it fills me with tears, thinking about the heartache this subject is about.

The other chapel is one dedicated to the church of the holy spirit, the church I went to as a boy, they knocked it down, but removed the pipe organ, and a large mosaic of our lady showering the people with rose petals, it truly is a work of art. I remember this so much, as I remember how much this mosaic meant to me spiritually, as I had shed so many tears under it, I suppose it was the only thing at that time to give me the spirit to live.

I am so glad they restored it for eternity I hope, the organ is also part of the cathedral, so I am listening to the same organ as I did when I was a kid, it gives me a sense of inner peace, that I don't have to fight so much as that little kid did.

I always think to get this far in life, we must have been guided by a guardian spirit, wonder who mine is? I don't really know, but I know he or she is guiding me along this road.

The road of Peace, Love, and Friendship, a place of eternal bliss

#77394 - 10/10/04 08:15 PM Re: Guardian Spirit
Ivanhoe Offline
MaleSurvivor

We all deserve some solace like you've described.
I, too, enjoy the "King of Instraments." I have a couple of churches that I attend when I need that "battery charge," that I get when I hear a really great organ, played greatly.
Thank you for reminding me of all of that.
My therapist thinks that what we go through to recovery is really a journey to recover our spirits, the true essenses of ourselves. You seem to be on the "right" track.

Continued peace,

David

#77395 - 10/17/04 11:49 PM Re: Guardian Spirit
FastForward Offline

Loc: US
It sounds beautiful. Ir remindes me of the Basislica in Washington, DC with it's many chapels. Thank you for sharing.

L&P - always.

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.