Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
clutzygurl (22), dun (50), Gene (50), ufp1964 (50), Zoot (68)
Who's Online
1 registered (tbkkfile), 20 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63355 Topics
443006 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#77263 - 08/15/04 07:39 PM Leaping Spirituality of Mike Lew
John Ireland Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Chicago
Last week I attended my first Mike Lew retreat in the Pocono Mountains. Leaping with him since I was literally saved from a near suicide I was floored by the weekend:) \:\) I departed last Sunday after a most magical experience. I decided to take time to further my quest with a road trip. I ended up in Plymouth, Massachusetts where I have ancestry on both my mom & dad's lines. My 11th greats were Edward & Ann Fuller, Mayflower passengers, escaping religious abuses of Anglican England. Their son, my next in line, married Jane Lothrop, daughter of my great-grandfather Rev. John Lothrop, exiled by his Anglican higher powers for speaking his mind against the established powers. He was imprisoned for 2 years surviving cruel & inhumane abuses. His children begged the Church to allow their father to see their mother, Hannah House, who lay dying. They allowed him to see her if & only if he agreed to be exiled to the colonies. He settled, with his motherless children & his congregation, at Plymouth Colony & I was amazed to be in his 1644 Barnstable home, now part of Sturgis Library of the Cape Cod location. I have mixed ancestry--Native, Celtic, Quaker, & beyond & I am a vocal survivor of mutliple abuse, some at the hands of organized religion of Catholic & Lutheran clergy. I see more & more we need to stand strong, especially in light of further denial & massive abuses yet to be uncovered. I will never be silenced again!! My Celtic, Native, & Quaker ancestors especially survived infinite attempts at being silenced...makes sense I am here now:) \:\) I believe strongly that we all, across the globe,have an inner light & we are beautiful life forms--for me scars & all---scars now stars:) \:\) I write this in hopes of helping any or spreading my joy & hopes & dreams----endless for each:) \:\) This is inspired by all at Mike Lew's Awesome Leaping retreat & dedicated to my guides in the Otherworld including my mom, dad, & the rest of my loving protectors away from earth...
All "me" Williams-Ireland best, John:) \:\)

#77264 - 08/18/04 12:21 AM Re: Leaping Spirituality of Mike Lew
ScottyTodd Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Pennsylvania
Hey John! Glad you were able to unwind and enjoy your trip! I know you've been through a lot! Your sharing and comradeship on the Mike Lew weekend was very much appreciated!! Hope the rest of your summer is uplifting as well!!

Howard

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.