Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cards (33), korbin2003 (39), Rosemary (53), Zebra (47)
Who's Online
4 registered (Obi, 3 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63214 Topics
442030 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#77243 - 08/18/04 12:38 AM Re: Too ashamed to face God
ScottyTodd Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Pennsylvania
Scot - There are many things I can say from my own experience. First, I spent most of my life shamed and guilty because of my abuse and the lies my parents fed me. The cost: most of my life I was trying to atone for my "sin", make up for the guilt and shame by "serving God" in multiple capacities; I I felt I was responsible for my "sin" and I (in my control issues) had to make it right! It wasn't until I fully, in all reality, accepted there was only ONE atonement for my "sins" and it was my atonement that was worth anything. "God loves me just the way I am but loves me too much to let me stay this way".
Secondly, I didn't trust anyone (even God) though I professed to trust Him. I wouldn't let Him near me because of "how I felt about me" NOT because He felt that way about me. How could He love me when I was so guilty, ashamed and damaged goods,etc.? This reminds me of the story of the boy who complained to his father for never fixing his broken toy. He asked over and over for his father to fix his toy. Finally the father responded that he had tried several times to fix his son's toy but the boy would never let it go so the father could do what was necessary! Shame and guilt grab hold of our life and we never let go so God could do what was necessary!!
Scot - been there often. It was a lesson that I needed to learn for myself. Many guys tried to help me but it wasn't until I accepted God's grace and tried to stop fixing it and making it right by myself!

Howard

#77244 - 09/04/04 07:56 AM Re: Too ashamed to face God
Shawn_L35 Offline

FOOTPRINTS

One night I dreamed I was walking
Along the beach with the Lord.

Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.

Sometimes there were two sets of footprints.
Other times there were one set of footprints.

This bothered me because I noticed that
During the low periods of my life when I was

Suffering from anguish, sorrow, or defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints,

So I said to the Lord, "You promised me,
Lord, that if I followed You,
You would walk with me always.

But I noticed that during the most trying periods
Of my life there have only been
One set of prints in the sand.

Why, When I have needed You most,
You have not been there for me?"

The Lord replied,
"The times when you have seen only one set of footprints
Is when I carried you.

Scott, God turns his back on no one even when it seems he has. Have faith Scott. Don't give up. Fight.

Shawn

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.