Newest Members
SiegmundNYC, TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul, serenity38, vivo
12486 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Can-tex (45), cbchorn (41)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 14 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12486 Members
74 Forums
64149 Topics
447593 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#77227 - 07/25/04 04:24 PM Re: Returning
theo Offline
MaleSurvivor

the house of god resides within the rainbow quoted from your sinature, marc. the promise never left, nor its peace, even through the tears and rage...they both always shined, my friend, the promise and the soul.

- It is gift, and gift will find its way
- I inherit through my choice. I build through my affirmation. It is through my freedom that I nurture, or fade into autonomy
- I was not given to serve life, but to embrace it

#77228 - 07/25/04 04:55 PM Re: Returning
crisispoint Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Massachusetts
Marc,

The worst thing about "religion" is that it's left in the hands of humans, who twist and intepret His word for THEIR benefit, not God's intentions.

Since we're both (somewhat, in my case... :p ) from the Christian, tradition, I remind you of what Jesus said about the small-minded "Biblical quarterbacking" that makes us feel small before Him: "Verily, I have given thee a new commandment: Love one another as I have loved you. Forgive one another as I have forgiven you."

If we all remembered God is a being of love, how else can we go wrong?

I'm so happy for you, my friend.

Peace and love,

Scot

fromacuriousmind.blogspot.com
malehurtandsurvive.blogspot.com

#77229 - 07/26/04 12:46 PM Re: Returning
FlyWM Offline

Loc: Michigan
This post really strikes a chord with me. I have avoided entering God's house for so long, I haven't really even talked to God, I am too ashamed of who I am to face God, to ashamed of what happened to me and of who I am.

But this gives me hope that perhaps one day soon I will be able to enter his house and honor him. Thank you for posting this, and may peace find you.

scott

Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible in not a declaration, it's a dare.

--Adidas

#77230 - 07/26/04 01:17 PM Re: Returning
Ivanhoe Offline
MaleSurvivor

Over the years, I've found solace in the house church concept of worshipping God. The only reason I can go into large cathedral type structures...houses of God...is that they usually contain the king of instraments. Yes, I'm an organ fan. When the right tune or piece is played, I can be found in a puddle of tears somewhere near the back of the church.
Other than that, the house church is my cup of tea; it seems to epitomize the, "where two or three are gathered," concept, perfectly, for me.

Blessings for where you fnd God in your life,

David

#77231 - 07/26/04 01:23 PM Re: Returning
Aden Offline

Where is God's house? In the limestone ediface or the calcified heart? As a long time seeker, I have no answer. But I know that you can go into that house from any several doors. And return with some comfort for us all.

Aden

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.