Newest Members
cricket1007, Nickie98, jahfree, Daryl X., tryintothrive
12496 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
joeybird (54), ladyinwaiting (46), txpearl (46)
Who's Online
5 registered (Shyshark, Garf, Jay1159, GT13568, iaccus), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12496 Members
74 Forums
64171 Topics
447795 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#77217 - 07/22/04 02:53 PM Celtic & Native American Ancestral Spirituality
John Ireland Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Chicago
I am a survivor of multiple abuse & finally breaking my chains of clergy abuse along with my other abusers!!! I have researched extensively my ancestry which includes my ver spiritual Celtc greats of Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Isle of Man, & beyond into Brittany, Galicia, Asturias, & on... The Celtic spirit has been abused & attempts to destroy have been made for centuries... I am a SURVIVING EXAMPLE of Celtic empowerment that lives on:) \:\) Celtic male bonding was sacred & the body was celebrated in wholisitic beauty---no shame was taught as Roman beliefs did. My Native American ancestry includes Shawnee & Cherokee blood. Their spirituality I discover more & more also did not teach shame toward the human body. I share what I feel is healing & empowering. Male rituals are needed I believe in such an abusive society with more & more victims suffering & revealing their abuses. I wish for healing & acceptance of diversity in a pain filled planet.... All my best, John C. Ireland \:\) \:\) \:\) \:\)

#77218 - 07/22/04 10:19 PM Re: Celtic & Native American Ancestral Spirituality
yesac76 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Idaho
WE have common blood. I am also a Celtic decendant, and I also have Cherokee blood (and Crow, Apache, and Blackfoot). Not that you can tell.

I agree that men need our own rituals. Most people think of male rituals as either woman bashing or gay orgies. It is sad we are not "allowed" to share our maleness, in a platonic sense, with each other and the world.
Casey

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.