Newest Members
Severe stammer, Jeff B., Aquarian, synthguy, equus
12836 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
80sblueboy (46), Nealus (64), sokkerchef (51)
Who's Online
6 registered (EdfromNYC, 5 invisible), 26 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12836 Members
75 Forums
66329 Topics
463467 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Topic Options
#77159 - 06/15/04 11:45 PM inner spirituality
cpt. confusion Offline

Loc: midwest
there once was a time in my life that i felt very connected to myself, my inner being, my soul... it seems however as though i reached a certain point, and that connection has been disintegrating ever since. When i was at this point it wasn't necessarily through religion, or through God, but more though myself, my heart. I dont know what happened to make this wonderful connectedness go away, but i want to find it once again, if possible. does anyone know any "exercises" of sorts to connect with the soul? I realize meditation helps, but i'm not sure i know how to really meditate... I've found much comfort in listening to a recording i have of a native american flute (hard to describe, but very comforting), but thats about it... any suggestions for channeling the inner being?

"Look at every path closely and deliberately, then ask ourselves this crucial question: Does this path have a heart? If it does, then the path is good. If it doesn't, it is of no use."
-Carlos Castaneda

*WoR Alum
Sequoia I-March '11
Alta II, September '11

#77160 - 06/16/04 11:22 PM Re: inner spirituality
TeeJayUU Offline

Loc: MidWest
Hi Cpt.,

I am not sure how to help you, but I wanted to offer my support and prayers.

I have "sound machine" that has Ocean Waves with Birds, or the sounds of the RainForest, et cetera. I will often listen to this while journaling or reading from The Bible or poetry or self-help book or meditating or Praying or whatever, et cetera.

TJ \:\)

"There is a plan for me, God has a Purpose, I know there is a reason that I'm ALIVE!" Cherish Grace

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.