Newest Members
Bennett, 0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2
12503 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
asdude1981 (33), Avery46 (51), hans32 (46), jean-noel (49), Kirk (59), Kirk Wayne (59), Mechanical (21), OldTrafford (50)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 21 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12503 Members
74 Forums
64194 Topics
447974 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#77159 - 06/15/04 11:45 PM inner spirituality
cpt. confusion Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: midwest
there once was a time in my life that i felt very connected to myself, my inner being, my soul... it seems however as though i reached a certain point, and that connection has been disintegrating ever since. When i was at this point it wasn't necessarily through religion, or through God, but more though myself, my heart. I dont know what happened to make this wonderful connectedness go away, but i want to find it once again, if possible. does anyone know any "exercises" of sorts to connect with the soul? I realize meditation helps, but i'm not sure i know how to really meditate... I've found much comfort in listening to a recording i have of a native american flute (hard to describe, but very comforting), but thats about it... any suggestions for channeling the inner being?

*WoR Alum
Sequoia I-March '11
Alta II, September '11

#77160 - 06/16/04 11:22 PM Re: inner spirituality
TeeJayUU Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MidWest
Hi Cpt.,

I am not sure how to help you, but I wanted to offer my support and prayers.

I have "sound machine" that has Ocean Waves with Birds, or the sounds of the RainForest, et cetera. I will often listen to this while journaling or reading from The Bible or poetry or self-help book or meditating or Praying or whatever, et cetera.

PEACE HOPE AND LOVE!

TJ \:\)

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.