Newest Members
0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady
12502 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
fakir (71), HelpMeHelpHim32 (41), motherstars (65)
Who's Online
2 registered (Logan, stalle), 15 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12502 Members
74 Forums
64191 Topics
447936 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#77124 - 05/31/04 08:20 AM Day of the Holy Spirit
subdeacon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
Dearest brothers,

Today, the day after Pentecost, is called the "Day of the Holy Spirit" in the the Orthodox Church (Pentecost is the day of the Trinity). I would like to give to you one of our prayers that we Orthodox pray daily before we begin all of our prayers (yes, we pray before we pray)...It is a prayer specifically to the Holy Spirit:

"O Heavenly King, the Comforter, the Spirit of Truth, Who art everywhere present and fillest all things, treasury of blessings and giver of life, come and abide in us and cleanse us from every impurity and save our souls O Good One."

God bless you all in your struggles and your joys!

Philip

"By way of trials and sufferings we must purify the divine image in us...for it is by reforging our senses in the furnace of our trials that we free them from defilement and assume our royal dignity. --Abba Philimon

#77125 - 05/31/04 09:30 PM Re: Day of the Holy Spirit
TeeJayUU Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MidWest
Phillip,

THANK YOU!

God Bless!

TJ

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.