Newest Members
RepressedMem, jet_step, JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut
12468 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
kinghenri (26)
Who's Online
1 registered (learning2remember), 22 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12468 Members
74 Forums
64031 Topics
446842 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#77117 - 05/29/04 12:48 PM Perception of Anger.
SeeingMe Offline

Loc: USA
" Reckless words pierce like a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing.
Proverbs 12:18

Do these words change the way you perceive anger, yours or others?

Please share your view, if you can.

THANKS!

#77118 - 05/29/04 03:53 PM Re: Perception of Anger.
al Offline

Loc: canada
Hmmm... struggling with the anger thing myself lately. I know how it should be but i can't seem to let go of things to achieve it.

Quote:
It is better to be patient than to fight.
It is better to control your temper than to take a city.

Proverbs 16:32
Here's another interesting quote i found that i want to learn heed better:

Quote:
Starting to argue is like making a crack in a dam.
So drop the matter before a fight breaks out.

Proverbs 17:14
Working on it... :rolleyes:

Kites rise highest against the wind, not with it. Winston Churchill

#77119 - 06/01/04 03:19 AM Re: Perception of Anger.
desertwife&mom Offline

When my husband and I went through premarital counseling...words...was one of the things my pastor talked about alot. He stressed how hurtful words can be between two people that care about each other. He stressed to us that when one of us is hurt by what they other says don't let it fester...talk about it. He said that he had counceled couples that had held on to years worth of anger based on what their partner had said during an argument.

My husband and I sometimes allow ourselves to let a crack in the dam turn into a full fledged flood. And let me tell you what, those are the worst arguments to recover from.

I will admit that when we've had arguments like that and finally come back together to work through it, I feel closer to him afterwards. But it is hell getting to that point.

I don't like being hurt and I don't like hurting him. I feel that he and I have something very special.

I am a very assertive type female. I sometimes have to watch what comes out of my mouth. I am not delibertly mean but sometimes I may get caught up in my own upset about what is going on with me that I take it out on him. This is especially damaging because of the SA.

Prayer has been my main source of strength.

Words are very powerful!

#77120 - 06/01/04 02:22 PM Re: Perception of Anger.
SeeingMe Offline

Al - Great quotes! I am glad you are working on it! \:\) I find that not knowing (yet) what I am angry about is big for me. Maybe someday I can sort it out. In the meantime, I try not to (over)act on the anger. Take care of yourself!

#77121 - 06/01/04 02:28 PM Re: Perception of Anger.
SeeingMe Offline

DesertWife&Mom - Yes they are! Wors are powerful, that is. I have learned that from experience so I usually do not respond to angry and hurtful words out loud. I have not learned yet how to deal with them inside. They still hurt. Prayer is good support, the best I found. I hope all goes well for you! \:\)

#77122 - 06/02/04 06:24 AM Re: Perception of Anger.
TeeJayUU Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MidWest
Reckless words pierce like a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing.
Proverbs 12:18

I think this Proverb is why it is wise for those of us healing to be careful with our words. I know I have been tempted by anger and pain to use words and phrases that might tear apart my family as I heal.''Having a family member as your abuser makes this saying very meaningful for me.

PEACE!

TJ

#77123 - 06/25/04 02:56 PM Re: Perception of Anger.
SeeingMe Offline

I have found the secrets hurt the most since they often turn to lies. God's design is there for a reason; we pay dearly when we deviate. We get hurt when others deviate. Perps deviated, we paid. Often, then we deviated, still others paid. It is time to end this madness!

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.