Newest Members
MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two, VASurvivor
12331 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cricket453 (60)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12331 Members
74 Forums
63409 Topics
443328 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#77107 - 05/26/04 05:38 PM Love.
SeeingMe Offline

Loc: USA
I WISH US ALL THIS KIND OF LOVE.

It was a busy morning, approximately 8:30 am, when an elderly gentleman, in his 80's, arrived to have stitches removed from his thumb. He stated he was in a hurry as he had an appointment at 9:00 am.

I took his vital signs and had him take a seat, knowing it would be over an hour before someone
would be able to see him. I saw him looking at his watch and decided, since I was not busy with another patient, I would evaluate his wound.

On exam it was well healed, so I talked to one of the doctors, got the needed supplies to remove his sutures and redress his wound. While
taking care of his wound, we began to engage in conversation. I asked him if he had a doctor's appointment this morning, as he was in such a hurry.

The gentleman told me no, that he needed to go to the nursing home to eat breakfast with his wife.

I then inquired as to her health. He told me that she had been there for a while and that she was a victim of Alzheimer's Disease. As we talked, and I finished dressing his wound, I asked if she would be worried if he was a bit
late. He replied that she no longer knew who he was, that she had not recognized him in five years now. I was surprised, and asked him. "And
you still go every morning, even though she doesn't know who you are?"

He smiled as he patted my hand and said, "She doesn't know me, but I still know who she is." I held back tears as he left, I had goose bumps on my arms, and thought, "That is the kind of love I want in my life."

True love is neither physical, nor romantic. True love is an acceptance of all that is, has been, will be, and will not be.

~ Author Unknown ~

#77108 - 05/26/04 08:26 PM Re: Love.
TeeJayUU Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MidWest
What a story! Tears and goose bumps here, too!

How can God look down and not smile on this man! As well as the VERY caring and dedicated friend who took care of that gentleman. "Pay It Forward" - No kind deed goes unrewarded! It is now your turn I pray!

PEACE and God Bless!

TJ

#77109 - 05/27/04 12:32 AM Re: Love.
yesac76 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Idaho
This really hits home. My Grandmother's husband (he is not my Grandfather, my Grandfather passed away when I was five) is suffering from Alzheimers, an dis fading fast. He doesn't know who my Grandma is, or his children. It is heart breaking that he is fading, even if I am not too fond of him.

#77110 - 06/01/04 02:49 PM Re: Love.
Freedom Offline

Loc: US
SM - Yes, there is something to be said about this kind of love! But I do wonder, if it is possible in this day and age?

OK, I do believe that it is, but not so easy to find.

Peace and blessings to all.

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.