Newest Members
JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman, SiegmundNYC
12490 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alpha (49), AYounglove10 (23), joanne (27), justme62 (52), pontifixmax (44), royjay (46), Steve S. (48)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 19 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12490 Members
74 Forums
64157 Topics
447677 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#77100 - 05/24/04 09:57 PM Yes, Lord, I know You now!
TeeJayUU Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MidWest
Just another thought. I was never angry at God. I did not know Him until 20 months ago at the age of 39! So I was never asking for His help or was angry at Him or questioned Him in any way. At the time I just knew of Him and knew He would want NOTHING to do with me, a dirty, flithy, sicko boy! I had zero relationship.

Now I know that He cried when he saw what happened. I also know now that He gave me the strength to NOT give two of my perps more victims that they wanted me to get for them. I now know that He was with me and kept me from being hurt even more that I was!

Now, today, I KNOW He is with me all of the time! He holds my hand when I am with my T, my flashbacks, my panic attacks, struggling with my wife and our marriage, struggling with two teenagers, and so on.

I do wish more people would come to this site. I CRAVE more spiritual conversations in regards to what we have been through!

PEACE AND LOVE!

God Bless You!

TJ

#77101 - 05/25/04 12:21 AM Re: Yes, Lord, I know You now!
Pollyanna Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Missouri
Hey TJ...

There are>

Anne Lamott

#77102 - 05/25/04 08:57 AM Re: Yes, Lord, I know You now!
crisispoint Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Massachusetts
Amen, brother and sisters.

I get angry with Him from time to time, as I do with anyone I have a relationship with, but I know He loves me. I know He gave me the strength to survive. I know He knows what kind of a person I am.

I am a failure and a weak man, but He loves me anyway.

And He isn't done with me yet.

I STILL BELIEVE!

Peace and love,

Scot

fromacuriousmind.blogspot.com
malehurtandsurvive.blogspot.com

#77103 - 05/25/04 10:02 AM Re: Yes, Lord, I know You now!
TeeJayUU Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MidWest
Scot,

You said; "I am a failure and a weak man"

I know we all feel this way, but we are not! We would not be here if we were not! I know this is easier to say than feel, but we are strong, and we can do it!

God Bless You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TJ

#77104 - 05/26/04 01:27 AM Re: Yes, Lord, I know You now!
subdeacon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
There is a wonderful hymn we sing during compline (an after dinner service at around 8pm...not done much except in monasteries) which is sung mostly during Great Lent that is very important to me. It is "God is with us, understand O ye nations and submit yourselves, for God is with us!" It is from the Psalms. All I can think as we sing that with interspersed verses of God's care for us, is that with God with us, who can be against us? Even when it appears that we are down and out, in the end, we will be with God, and are with God. Great thought. Also a favorite Psalm I found once when I was feeling down about the abuse: Psalm 37. Some highlights:
"Do not fret because of evildoers, nor be envious of the workers of iniquity. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb." Other verses: Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land; and feed on His faithfulness. Delight yourself also in the Lord, adn He shall give you the desires your heart." "The wicked have drawn the sword...Their sword shall enter their own heart."....Man, the whole Psalm is full of wonderful sayings and comforts. It feels like it was written for me (and for all of us).

God Bless!
Philip

"By way of trials and sufferings we must purify the divine image in us...for it is by reforging our senses in the furnace of our trials that we free them from defilement and assume our royal dignity. --Abba Philimon

#77105 - 05/26/04 03:47 PM Re: Yes, Lord, I know You now!
SeeingMe Offline

Loc: USA
Hello everyone - In all that happens to us HE is looking to find us. HE is searching for us because he does not care what the world thinks of us, or what we think of ourselves! HE loves us how we are, where we are NOW. And he wants the best for us. When I read that the first time, I was in awe. This is how important we are to HIM and there is nothing we can do to change that. In the midst of any madness we face, HE is looking for us. He is my only hope at times and I know I would not make it without HIM. TJ, I am glad he found you and you let yourself be found. God bless you all. I thank God for so many wonderful brothers and sisters here!

#77106 - 06/14/04 01:31 AM Re: Yes, Lord, I know You now!
louie Offline

Loc: philippines
Hi Guys,

I always think of myself as a little child always looking for his Father. When ever I pray I always think that I am talkin to my Father in heaven. I am glad that I have bro and sis here at work and we also have a bible study every week. It helps me a lot specially when I feel that I am alone and needs someone to listen to me.

I always pray to God that let me not hold His hand but rather let Him hold my hand. Co'z I know that He hold much stronger and He will never let me go.

God bless you all.....

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.