Newest Members
JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman, SiegmundNYC
12490 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
kb8715 (114), rom2057 (57), terrapin (51)
Who's Online
4 registered (myrlin, 3 invisible), 28 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12490 Members
74 Forums
64158 Topics
447693 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#77096 - 05/22/04 02:10 AM God
yesac76 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Idaho
I grew up being angry with God. Angry because my brothers hated me. Angry my loved ones were taken to Heaven to be with Him. ANgry because I was abused.

I lost my anger the day I almost committed suicide. I was about to pull the trigger of the .303 in my mouth when I heard a heavenly voice. This voice said I was loved and it was not my time.

I still have bad days. I still get angry, but I do not get angry with God. He loves me, and is allowing me to heal slowly, and is bringing special people into my life.

I regret all my anger in my youth, but I know I have been forgiven. I will not be found in a church every Sunday, but a church is a building. God is everywhere. I do not always need someone else to talk with my Creator. I love God. And in him I have found forgiveness and salvation. I feel secure in His hands!

#77097 - 05/22/04 02:25 PM Re: God
TeeJayUU Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MidWest
You ARE in His loving arms! He understands our anger and our valleys. As long as we open our minds and hearts we will hear Him and feel Him!

Hang in there!

PEACE AND LOVE!

God Bless You!

TJ

#77098 - 05/22/04 03:17 PM Re: God
The Dean Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Milwaukee, WI
I am grateful you heard the voice telling you that you are loved and that is was not your time. I am also grateful that you listened and believed it.

Many people get so angry at God as though God is somewhere looking for ways to make our lives miserable. That is a monster, not God. But, thankfully, God understands when we are angry and feel a need to blame God. I get ridiculous and growl at God because I dropped something on the floor. I think my anger must give God a lot of laughs at how silly I am.

Despair is a trick of the devil in my mind. There are always many reasons to live.

Bob

#77099 - 05/27/04 07:38 AM Re: God
SeeingMe Offline

Loc: USA
What a great God we have who loves us through our anger and our sadness! What a lesson to learn from our Father about what love is!

I am glad you heard His voice and are still with us!

God bless!

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.