Newest Members
DougieB, sethpeterson, R Ellis, SailingAway, Kitty6
12320 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Healer (53), Kilo (21), sdsjr (40), surfdude (57)
Who's Online
3 registered (finallyhere, 2 invisible), 22 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12320 Members
74 Forums
63375 Topics
443148 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#77086 - 05/15/04 10:38 PM The Devil? My Demons?
TeeJayUU Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MidWest
This past week has been so very difficult. HUGE challenges with my daughter sexually acting out then playing a victim. Boss and I are not on the best of terms and lots of people are on pins and needles. Home is stressful. My triggers are all up and running! I have been feeling down and out.

OK, a coworker who knows some of my issues and has shared and encouraged my Faith, has seen my depression this week. She feels very strongly that the Devil steps in and tries to divert us as we learn to know Jesus better and love Him more. She feels that I am on a Spiritual ride on the rapids. That the Devil is trying to interfere with my relationship with God because the Devil is afraid of losing me to Our Savior.

Any thoughts?

PEACE

God Bless!

TJ

#77087 - 05/18/04 11:27 AM Re: The Devil? My Demons?
Brayton Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minneapolis
Perhaps it will help to remember that God is all-powerful and Satan is not.

#77088 - 05/18/04 12:31 PM Re: The Devil? My Demons?
TeeJayUU Offline
MaleSurvivor

You are right, God is ALL-POWERFUL!

I NEED to remember that!

TJ

#77089 - 05/18/04 11:28 PM Re: The Devil? My Demons?
parttimecop Offline

I suppose that when you are on the right path, you are attacked more. But we have a powerful defender on our side.

#77090 - 05/20/04 03:05 PM Re: The Devil? My Demons?
subdeacon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
Taped to my computer are wonderful words from St. Isaac of Syria:

When the Evil One sees a person commnece on some virtuous action with great fervor of fiath, he has the habit of placing grievous temptations in that person's path, in order to frighten him away from this course of action.

Stay the Course! Run the race well, my brother!

Philip

"By way of trials and sufferings we must purify the divine image in us...for it is by reforging our senses in the furnace of our trials that we free them from defilement and assume our royal dignity. --Abba Philimon

#77091 - 05/21/04 09:24 PM Re: The Devil? My Demons?
TeeJayUU Offline
MaleSurvivor

Phillip,

Thank you! I have copied that verse so I can print it out!

God Bless!

PEACE!

TJ

#77093 - 05/21/04 09:56 PM Re: The Devil? My Demons?
Pollyanna Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Missouri
Hey TJ

I think that your co-worker and Deacon Philip are right on the mark. The "s word" wants to "win"...he also cheats! It's like the bully at school who is miserable so he wants everyone else to be miserable too. he's a brat.

I like these from James 4, parts of vs. 7 and 8 "Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." "Draw nigh to God, and He will draw nigh to you." Sounds like a deal to me! Sounds like that is what you are doing, and God always keeps His promises.

I think you must be doing "something really right", since "someone" wants to throw monkey wrenches in the gears. I also agree, when you have Father on your side, you can't lose.

Marc, I believe God loves you very much. He's the Father of your very spirit, and knows you better than anyone. Knowing who you REALLY are...way down in there...the place where you think nobody understands. How could He NOT love you. He knows all the coolest stuff about you, even if you haven't discovered it yet. He will show you a little at a time.

Good luck in the challenges life delivers!

Hugs,

Lynn

Anne Lamott

#77094 - 05/21/04 10:08 PM Re: The Devil? My Demons?
TeeJayUU Offline
MaleSurvivor

Marc,

you said..

"I am so envious of your faith. I wish I could think that God could love me.

I wish you the best!

Peace and love,"

I want you to know that God does NOT look down on any one of us here! I want to use my Faith to help carry you. I do not mean to argue with you or to say I know better, but my dear friend, God DOES Love you!

Lynn said

"I think you must be doing "something really right", since "someone" wants to throw monkey wrenches in the gears.

Knowing who you REALLY are...way down in there...the place where you think nobody understands. How could He NOT love you. He knows all the coolest stuff about you, even if you haven't discovered it yet."

AMEN! AMEN! AMEN!

Marc, We Love Ya Man!

TJ

GOD BLESS AND PEACE!

#77095 - 05/22/04 01:51 AM Re: The Devil? My Demons?
subdeacon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
Marc, my brother,

It's very hard to know that God loves us sometimes when we don't love ourselves much, or when we have been hurt so much by those who love us. Rest assured, though, that God loves you more than any of us can ever imagine. The instant God stopped loving us, our atoms would cease to exist. Love is what is holding us all together. God is closer to us than our very heart, as one sage put it. A friend of mine once put it so very well, that the only line in the Bible that even comes close to describing the indescribable essence of God is "God is Love." But since God is love, He doesn't force himself on us, but waits patiently for us to accept Him. He is not a crutch, He is not a substitution for anything. He simply is Love. We become more and more in His image when we love as well, so I can say unequivably, God loves you, and so do I, and so do all of us who care for you.

God Bless you Marc,
Philip

"By way of trials and sufferings we must purify the divine image in us...for it is by reforging our senses in the furnace of our trials that we free them from defilement and assume our royal dignity. --Abba Philimon

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.