Newest Members
andrewmartin, Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm, Jennifer Lyons
12251 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beyond Abuse (51), dona (55), JoMiFa (35), norbrill1 (62), RubyRoberts (62)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 43 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12252 Members
73 Forums
63106 Topics
441313 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#77082 - 05/11/04 02:26 PM I still Believe
crisispoint Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Massachusetts
After what I've been through the past few weeks, mentally and emotionally, some people have doubted whether I still have faith in God.

Well, despite getting angry with Him and not seeing His wisdom, wishing like a child that He would share it with me, I do Believe. I still believe.

For two reasons. One, anyone who read my post here a few months ago know this, He spoke with me. Twice. I truly thought myself unworthy and given a truly special gift with once. I may forget the experience from time to time, but it's never far from my mind. You don't simply forget when the Almighty decides to give you a call.

Two, despite the mess I've made of my life, I have friends. I have friends that show me the true nature of His love, both here and "in the real world."

So, yes, I Believe.

I believe in the Lord, My God.
I believe in One God, the Holy Trinity.
I believe there is no god but God.

I believe because He has shown me that, despite thr road being longer, creating, loving, and healing is truly stronger than destroying, hating, and hurting.

I believe because there are sunrises every day there is a sunset.

I believe because Hope never dies, despite what's done to it. Hope is the dandelion of the universe, it will live no matter how many times you step on it, rip it out, or poison it. It will flourish despite it all.

I believe because I'm loved, even though I'm a major screw-up.

I believe because He has forgiven me, despite the evil I carry in my heart toward those who hurt me.

I believe because I've made all the right choices when it counted.

I believe because it's easier for me to love than hate.

I believe because He has shown me the Truth, and it will someday set me free.

I believe because children are born still, a judgement that the world deserves to continue on.

I believe because that His truth lives on, despite the wrongs of the "men" who try to sully it.

I believe because I am a good person.

I believe.

I believe!

I BELIEVE!

Peace, love, and grace,

Scot

fromacuriousmind.blogspot.com
malehurtandsurvive.blogspot.com

#77083 - 05/11/04 03:04 PM Re: I still Believe
Pollyanna Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Missouri
Scot,

He believes in you too. So do I.

\:\)

Hugs,
Lynn

Anne Lamott

#77084 - 05/11/04 11:01 PM Re: I still Believe
TeeJayUU Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MidWest
Scot,

Let The Lord's Light Shine Down On You!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy for you! I have recently discovered who He is, and I am so glad to learn ALL that He has done for me, and everyone.

I know that many people here do not share the Faith or are angry with God. I understand their feelings. However, I KNOW Jesus is here with us. I KNOW he does hold against us the pain, anger, confusion, et cetera, that comes with our SA.

I will continue to Pray for each and every memeber of this site, and even more for all of those who have not found this site!

Scot, I will say a Prayer for you, and wish you the best journey possible!

God Bless!

Peace!

TJ

#77085 - 05/12/04 03:41 AM Re: I still Believe
subdeacon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
I love enthusiasm which means literally God is within. I helped teach a catechism class tonight. It's such a joy to see people of all ages asking the right questions (or any questions) and to be able to happily engage in conversation. I wish I'd had your words with me tonight. The joy would have been even greater!

Thank You! Keep the faith, my friend, keep the faith. \:D

Philip

"By way of trials and sufferings we must purify the divine image in us...for it is by reforging our senses in the furnace of our trials that we free them from defilement and assume our royal dignity. --Abba Philimon

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.