Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
adam319 (46), Bellemaman (36), Bob G. (58), S D Witwicky (38)
Who's Online
7 registered (86, Obi, 5 invisible), 24 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63226 Topics
442129 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#77080 - 05/07/04 12:31 PM some thoughts
Brayton Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minneapolis
These are some thoughts that I recently shared with a friend that I think might stimulate a interchange of thoughts among some of us.

Though my upbringing included an intense exposure to Christianity, it doesn't feel to me like in was imposed upon me. Rather, it is exposure to other belief systems that I was deprived of. I have been able to learn more about some of them since then and all together, these things have shaped my spiritual view of Truth.

One of the things I learned during that childhood exposure was that if I prayed to God for the guidance of the Holy Spirit in Jesus' name before reading>

#77081 - 05/08/04 01:38 AM Re: some thoughts
TeeJayUU Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MidWest
Brayton,

Now that was something to think about! For me, I was raised in a so-called Catholic family (Easter and Christmas Mass). I never read the Bible, I never knew Jesus or what he did for us.

18 months ago I was taken (against my better judgement) to a non-denominational Christian Church. I have not been able to leave! I have finally met Jesus and what He did for us. I am learning and undestanding so much more.

I get frustrated because of my flashbacks and anxiety and panic issues often try to interfere with my praying and studying and reading the Scriptures. I do feel like the Devil is trying to prevent me from making this journey.

However, I am determined to do so! I KNOW Gos had forgiven me of my sins (I am working on forgiving myself). I feel stronger and happier, and I have a thirst for The Good Book, its history, and all it has to offer.

TeeJay

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.