Newest Members
dspwilson, Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated
12384 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alan Fountain (52), blindpet (31), egoror (49), Midas (33), uwa (78)
Who's Online
6 registered (PhoenixRising, woodenshoes, Obi, 3 invisible), 27 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12384 Members
74 Forums
63649 Topics
444527 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#77009 - 10/28/03 09:22 AM A prayer
outis Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Maryland USA
I hate the emails that I receive, sometimes with a good message, that say I can get x number of wishes granted by forwarding the message to y number of people in the next z minutes.

This message came with the proviso that there were no promises of granted wishes for material goods, but that I might feel something like serenity if I shared it.

This one did help me look at the world outside my own head for a while.

Take what you like, leave the rest. One size does not fit all.

Higher Power, Help us remember that the jerk who cut us off in traffic last night is a single mother who worked nine hours that day and is rushing home to cook dinner, help with homework, do the laundry, and spend a few precious moments with her children.

Help us to remember that the pierced, tattooed, disinterested young man who can't make change correctly is a worried 19-year-old college student, balancing his apprehension over final exams with his fear of not getting his student loans for next semester.

Higher Power Remind us, that the scary looking bum, begging for money in the same spot every day (who really ought to get a job!) is a slave to addictions that we can only imagine in our worst nightmares.

Help us to remember that the old couple walking annoyingly slow through the store aisles and blocking our shopping progress are savoring this moment, knowing that, based on the biopsy report she got back last week, this will be the last year that they go shopping together.

Higher Power, remind us each day that, of all the gifts you give us, the greatest gift is love. It is not enough to share that love with those we hold dear. Open our hearts not to just those who are close to us, but to all humanity. Let us be slow to judge and quick to forgive, show patience, empathy, and love.

#77010 - 10/29/03 01:00 AM Re: A prayer
ScottyTodd Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Pennsylvania
Outis - Really makes me stop and think! I encounter so many of those "jerks" daily that, perhaps, if I were less a "jerk" life might just go a bit smoother, easier, more laid back, less stressful...

Howard

#77011 - 10/29/03 07:09 PM Re: A prayer
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
I'll try not to 'kill' someone tommorrow.

And the day after....

Dave

#77012 - 10/29/03 09:01 PM Re: A prayer
Ivanhoe Offline
MaleSurvivor

Good reminder, Joe, thanks. One more thing I like about you, your spirit.

Blessing, buddy,

David

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.