Newest Members
BusterJones, Desperateforhelp, aniceguy, Green_Lantern, Safe11ride
12121 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
corvairman1 (43), marianne (44), son (35), speedy (31)
Who's Online
2 registered (Tanis2105, 1 invisible), 62 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12121 Members
73 Forums
62521 Topics
438140 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#76994 - 10/04/03 01:22 PM A message from God (?)
crisispoint Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Massachusetts
I was having a rough time of it this morning and I'm not sure if this was a bone-fide "vision," although I truly believe that it is. I'm a little hesitant to tell people about it because it will sound insane. I know it does, but I know it was true. God spoke to me, and I know He wants me to share this with other survivors because it could help. It has me a little.

I was reliving my abuse and attempted murder at the hands of my abuser (long story), and Jesus appeared in my room. I was scared, I felt like I was finally insane, I felt dirty and unworthy and humbled myself before him. He then started speaking and this is what he said to me:

My dear child. You are kneeling before me and hiding from me and you have to do neither. You're right, I don't actually have that many 'conversations' with my people anymore, but you are in such pain that I had to tell you something.

You're asking me for forgiveness when actually I should ask you for it. You're right, I didn't stop the horrible things that man did to you, and you have every right to be angry with me. There are reasons for everything I do, and I could list them entirely in your case. I could tell you that you will have a purpose to serve because of it, and you are serving the purpose I put you here for so wonderfully, but it will seem like lip service because of what you had to suffer.

But I was there and I wept with you. I protected you in the best way that I could. I gave you the strength to carry on when it seemed impossible for a little boy to bear the burdons put upon you. I kept that man from murdering you when he wanted to kill you because you have things to do. I know it's hard, but you had the strength to survive and make the most of the gifts I gave you. Others will not, or do not, and I have to take them with me. You think I should've taken you, and perhaps I should have. I wanted to make it all better and carry you to a place where no one would ever do that to you again, but you have gifts and the will to use them, and I need you to bring hope to people who have lost it. You have to bring light to those in darkness. I need you to do this for me.

I know it's unfair, everything that has happened to you, but I want you to know you can equalize the evil that is done. You can be one of my instruments of justice. It isn't just up to me to bring that and healing to the world. It's up to people like you with the good in you and the abilities you have to show that love and good will always triumph over hatred and evil.

You can do this, my child, because I have faith in you. I love you. You are mine, and you will be with me someday. When you see the lives you have affected on that day, all the people you helped save, you will know that you are my vessel for peace. You will feel what I feel when one comes to me pure and loving.

You feel this is a privelidge, me talking to you. It's my privelidge, because you are wonderful and loving, and you are of me. I may not speak to you again so directly, my precious child, but I shall always listen to you and I shall always help you. You are not alone.

You will also go through dark days again, when you will doubt what I said. When you will hate and rage and wish to do destructive things. I understand that, but there will be peace at the end. Please don't hurt yourself or others. It won't cure you. It won't undo the damage done to you. It will make you hurt all the more, beloved. I forgive you for this, but bringing love into hate, healing into hurt, will help cure you more than destroying.

Be at peace, my beloved, and heal well.

A delusion? Maybe, but I know. Take from this what you will. Say that I was just talking to myself, but these words apply to you too. God loves us all and wants us to be well.

Go forth and bring peace, brothers

I love you all.

Scot

fromacuriousmind.blogspot.com
malehurtandsurvive.blogspot.com

#76996 - 10/04/03 10:59 PM Re: A message from God (?)
crisispoint Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Massachusetts
Hi, Jake,

Believe me, I know what you're talking about. And I understand what you're saying, truly.

Maybe the reason the "darkness rejected you" is because it knows you don't belong to it. I know it's hard to believe, particularly when the abusers in our lives make us believe we're dirty and bad, but evil knows evil and good knows good.

God knows you deserve peace. Maybe it's time you listened to the voice.

PM me if you want or need to talk. I'm here and I care.

And, for what its worth, You do belong to whatever counts as good, Jake.

Peace, my brother, I love you.

Scot

fromacuriousmind.blogspot.com
malehurtandsurvive.blogspot.com

#76997 - 10/05/03 01:43 PM Re: A message from God (?)
joseph7 Offline

crisispoint: God spoke to you and said he has a purpose for you life - a mission, if you will, to accomplish. If this lines up with the Word of God, and it does, we can trust it is Him speaking to you! I encourage you to keep on seeking Him and listening for his voice. I firmly believe that God speaks to ALL of us - if only we will listen.

jacobtk: No one is worthy of what God gives to us because not one of us is perfect. In that you are not alone. He offers good things to us because HE LOVES US. What loving father would not want good things for his children? As for the darkness not wanting you - that makes sense to me. God designed us to live in the light, to be with Him. WITH GOD is where you belong, Jacob!

joseph7

#76998 - 10/06/03 07:11 AM Re: A message from God (?)
zadok1 Offline

Loc: Ohio
Only you know what happened, but everything you have written aligns with the Word, so that at least makes it possible. Just as Paul was a chosen vessel, you may be to. Go forward in life, and hold to your calling. I have found it a hard calling to hold out faith to the faithless, but the few times your seed grows makes all the failures worth it. Go with love and God my brother.

Debís Jeff

#76999 - 10/07/03 03:41 PM Re: A message from God (?)
wanderer Offline

Loc: massachusetts
hi scot -

how wonderful that you received a calling ! helping others to heal their souls is a tremendous gift. i hope it's as rewarding for you as it is for me.

peace,

david

#77000 - 10/13/03 07:03 AM Re: A message from God (?)
Bill_1965 Offline
Chat Mod Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Flint, Michigan
Scot,

Only you can determine if I was true or not.

I have recieved enough evidence for me to believe that there is something out there, beyond this world. 23 years ago I had an out of body experience. During this there was such a wonderful peace. I can't wait to feel that peace again, but I'm not in any hurry to leave this earth, I have a son and can feel true love each time he hugs me.

You seem to have been blessed by Jesus,

Now take his hand and use him as a source of support when you need it.

Bill

#77001 - 10/19/03 07:22 AM Re: A message from God (?)
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
I have seen a vision of my dead brother. In my mind, the vision was telling me it was not my time (I was ready to try to kill myself). I believe of it.

leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#77002 - 10/21/03 12:30 AM Re: A message from God (?)
gryffindor Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St. Charles, Illinois
I know it's unfair, everything that has happened to you, but I want you to know you can equalize the evil that is done. You can be one of my instruments of justice. It isn't just up to me to bring that and healing to the world. It's up to people like you with the good in you and the abilities you have to show that love and good will always triumph over hatred and evil.

When Mother Theresa was a young nun teaching geography in India, she had a vision or dream of Jesus while riding on a train. He told her what her mission was to be. Her vision/dream was true; why shouldn't yours be.

Mary

"Had I not fallen, I could not have arisen; had I not sat in darkness, I would not have recognized the light." Midrash Tehillim Ch. 22

#77003 - 10/21/03 08:07 PM Re: A message from God (?)
orodo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Imladris, The Safe Haven of Ar...
I had a vision of Mary back December of 02....She told me that she was the ultimate Survivor, and she gave me Her Peace, and told me to always be present for my children and those who need. This was about the time I was very suicidal. Shortly afterwards, my cousin, who was going through a divorce, ended his journey.

to me, a vision is just my own spirit, soul, speaking truth, out loud. Listen to your Spirit as it speaks. You have all the knowledge of the world inside you already. Sometimes it's not heard. Know that I've learned something new....that I don't need a Church to tell me how to relate to my God (I prefer to call Him Odin, Great Spirit, Mother Earth, Iluvatar, lately...) or how to relate to others. I already knew how to speak with my Spirit, and Church stuff seems to have made me deaf to His voice....

"I can see clearly now, the rain is gone..."

Peace Brother

Orodo

It is better to be Dragon Master than Dragon Slayer. Some Dragons are meant to be mastered, others meant to be slain. Odin, Great Spirit, God, grant me the wisdom to know the difference. "May the Valar guide and bless you on your path under the sky"

#77004 - 10/23/03 12:31 AM Re: A message from God (?)
Thomas Offline

Loc: boise
I'm new to MS, but I've followed this thread w/ great interest. Although it is very easy to be deceived, your vision seems to meet all the signs for being real. Jesus says,
Quote:
But I was there and I wept with you.
That really hits home for me and reeks of authenticity. I cannot number the times that I've cried out in agony of spirit, "Why, Lord, why?" Each time the only response I've gotten is a seemingly inward impression saying essentially, "But I was there and I wept with you."

The one instance that stands out most prominently for me is when I attempted suicide five years ago. Even though I made certain the carving knife was razor-sharp, the knife would only bruise my wrist. Sigh! :rolleyes: And an inward impression of "I am with you, I weep with you, and it is not your time." You have been given a rare gift and a calling. Treasure them both.

Peace, Tom

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, SamV 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.