Newest Members
RepressedMem, jet_step, JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut
12468 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
AndyP (48), Gaius (50), JoziSA (52), mmafan66 (48), nltsaved (36), RMM (52), Steve63 (51), zenboy (51)
Who's Online
4 registered (irishguym, CheerfulJohn, don64, 1 invisible), 34 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12468 Members
74 Forums
64028 Topics
446828 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#76890 - 05/12/03 08:14 AM Happy Mother's Day from God!
SandyW Offline

Loc: NJ
Yesterday, we enjoyed a really great mother's day sermon. It was on the impact a mother could have for generations to come and used Hannah and Samuel to illustrate the point. Anyway, those of you who have read my posts know that my husband is having a very difficult time in his life. one of the key parts of the story of Samuel's conception and how he came to be who he was, was the powerful prayers of his mother Hannah. So during the sermon, the pastor veered of about the power of prayer and that the elders are available after the service to annoint and pray every communion Sunday (always the first Sunday of the month). The Spirit moved him to say, "and they will be available today as well for anyone in need of deliverance and healing. So quickly, I prayed, God put it on my husband's heart to be prayed over, because you know he's in need of your deliverance." And I thought yeah right. Mind you, my husband is not the type to go have the elders annoint him and pray over him. Well, as soon as the service ended he says to me, go get the kids and I'll meet you after I go see the elders. Well, wasn't I just floored. So I guess this was God's mother's day gift to me!

Sandy

#76891 - 05/12/03 10:01 AM Re: Happy Mother's Day from God!
outis Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Maryland USA
Sandy,

Quote:
Although God can and does do the lightning bolt thing from time to time its not his usual MO.
When I read this line in your reply to SP, I thought of a story that I had stumbled across in "How We Understood.." an Al Anon book of members' reflections on the Higher Power, as each understands HP.

A woman in the program was struggling with her family's poverty. Her recovering alcoholic husband's automobile salvage business was in bankruptcy. One day as she was doing the laundry she decided their bed spread was just too old and worn to make it through another wash. As she was working, her husband showed up with a junk car that had a beautiful bed spread in it. He asked her if it was worth washing and keeping, and she said, "Yes." It was off white, and despite feeling that she should be thankful for getting this new bedspread just when she needed one, she thought, "If only it were pink." That would match their room.

She went back to the laundry, and her husband returned with another car. He asked, "Honey, can we use another bed spread?" and presented a pink bedspread that seemed to be brand new.

No lightning bolt, but an eye opening experience for her.

Like the saying goes, "God works in mysterious ways."

Thanks,

Joe

#76892 - 05/12/03 10:23 AM Re: Happy Mother's Day from God!
SandyW Offline

Loc: NJ
So I've learned, my God is a God of detail. Sometimes when He answers prayers he includes the details even I didn't even think to pray for but enjoy nonetheless. It makes it all that much more personal.

Sandy

#76893 - 05/12/03 11:25 AM Re: Happy Mother's Day from God!
Wuamei Offline

Loc: The left turn I should have ta...
Sandy, I'm really glad for your husband, your children, and for you! \:\)

BTW I like your avatar! It suits you well!

Victor

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.