Newest Members
jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady, uvagrad4
12501 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
innocence (60), pablo999 (53)
Who's Online
3 registered (traveler, susie, GT13568), 28 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12501 Members
74 Forums
64188 Topics
447911 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#76844 - 05/04/03 11:25 AM The Butterfly
Sleepy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Arizona, USA
I'm part of an online co-dependancy group and sometimes there are some very moving pieces of e-mail that has come through my inbox. I'm not a religious person but this I found especially poingnant and wanted to share it with everyone here.

THE BUTTERFLY

One day, a small opening appeared in a cocoon; a man sat and watched for the butterfly for several hours as it struggled to force its body through that little hole.

Then it seems to stop making any progress. It appeared as if it had gotten as far as it could and it could not go any further.

So the man decided to help the butterfly: he took a pair of scissors and opened the cocoon.

The butterfly then emerged easily.

But it had a withered body, it was tiny and had shriveled wings.

The man continued to watch because he expected that, at any moment, the wings would open, enlarge and expand, to be able to support the butterfly's body, and become firm.

Neither happened! In fact, the butterfly spend the rest of its life crawling around with a withered body and shriveled wings. It never was able to fly.

What the man, in his kindness and his goodwill, did not understand was that the restricting cocoon and the struggle required for the butterfly to get through the tiny opening, were God's way of forcing fluid from the body of the
butterfly into the wings, so that it would be ready for flight once it achieved its freedom from the cocoon.

Sometimes struggles are exactly what we need in our life. If God allowed us to go through our life without any obstacles, it would cripple us. We would not be as strong as we could have been. Never been able to fly.

I asked for Strength ... and God gave me difficulties to make me strong.

I asked for Wisdom...and God gave me problems to solve.

I asked for prosperity...and God gave me a brain and brawn to work.

I asked for Courage...and God gave me obstacles to overcome.

I asked for Love...and God gave me troubled people to help.

I asked for Favors...and God gave me Opportunities.

"I received nothing I wanted...But I received everything I needed."

Live life without fear and know that you can overcome all obstacles.

"Mental health is a commitment to reality at all times."
--M. Scott Peck

#76845 - 05/04/03 04:00 PM Re: The Butterfly
mattandrew Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
Sleepy,

Thanks for the thought provoking post before and just recently i would have caused strife in regard to posts about "God" but,i think due to what one member here has helped me to focus on and to look at, i think this person has helped me to see it in another light and i am trying to get with this person to talk with them.

Take Care Brother,
Matt

#76846 - 05/04/03 04:29 PM Re: The Butterfly
chuck Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: mid atlantic
Thanks for your reflections, sleepy. In the past year I have been discovering these things in my life. In the awakening that I have seen about my past, I wanted to run and hide but with the help of my psychologist, I found out much about myself that wasn't bad. I know I have a long road to go before I am finished or healed.

#76847 - 05/04/03 04:44 PM Re: The Butterfly
Wuamei Offline

Loc: The left turn I should have ta...
Sleepy,

Thanks for sharing this.

Matt,

Glad to hear it.

Chuck,

Welcome to the wolf pack. I kinda relate to what you're saying, lots here probably do. Sure it may be a long road, but you've come a long way just by coming here.

Victor

#76848 - 05/04/03 05:17 PM Re: The Butterfly
Sleepy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Arizona, USA
Matt,
Your post left me with a sense of curiosity. Can you share more?

I have some more of these types of e-mails and perhaps I'll share them. I found them interesting and I think others would too.
Mike

"Mental health is a commitment to reality at all times."
--M. Scott Peck

#76849 - 05/08/03 01:06 PM Re: The Butterfly
moo2 Offline

Loc: pottsboro,texas
Sleepy,
I truly know that the butterfly story has real merit. It is true. No trouble in a person's life makes him weak. Trouble makes you stronger + makes you depend more on God.
WITH MUCH LOVE,
Kim :p :p

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.