Newest Members
Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1
12278 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carter (51), CAW1980 (34), Fissy Tsickens (53), Kris (52), Wheatthins (23)
Who's Online
5 registered (pluckmemory, 4 invisible), 22 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12278 Members
73 Forums
63175 Topics
441761 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#76812 - 03/30/03 08:49 PM Re: Another war - religious portion of my response
Wuamei Offline

Loc: The left turn I should have ta...
Right on Mo!

It's a mockery of peace when protestors fight with police & push people around, hold up traffic & make dangerous situations, berate persons & policies but offer no alternatives, and are in general disruptive & divisive.

Anti-war indeed! :p

I grew up in the thick of the hippy anti-war, anti-establishment, "anti-everything but me & what I think & what feels good to me" culture. At the forefront was my mother, perp #1. The bitch made my life a constant battlefield, and she had the damned cast iron nerve to call herself antiwar!

Mo, you know what I'm anti? I'm anti-anti! \:D

Seriously, there is too much anti in this world & not enuf positive, in favor of, or "pro".

Case in point: The media labeling of all people who are pro-life as "anti-abortion." Now some of them maybe that's all there are. But many of us are much more than just anti-abortion. We are in favor of life in every way for everyone.

Funny tho they manage while calling us anti-abortion to call those who favor abortion pro-choice instead of pro-abortion, which I guess would sound too much like pro-death or anti-life. Even tho that's all some of them seem to be.

Pro life, pro peace, pro human. That's something to rally for.

Victor

#76813 - 03/31/03 02:43 AM Re: Another war - religious portion of my response
Les_Angry Offline
MaleSurvivor

Quote:
I grew up in the thick of the hippy anti-war, anti-establishment, "anti-everything but me & what I think & what feels good to me" culture.
Man, that is exactly what that was. I did too, but I was ten years younger. It seems like now, the only thing left out is anti-war and anti-establishment, so now its just:
Quote:
"anti-everything but me & what I think & what feels good to me"
What a miserable existance that is. I wonder what a true pro peace existance is, but I am trying to get there.

Outis's post in the male survivors section really seemed pro rather than anti:
http://www.malesurvivor.org/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=001712

I had always said I'm not this I'm not that, but it never occured to me to strive to be positive, just anti-negative.

I keep thinking about this
Quote:
"anti-everything but me & what I think & what feels good to me"
. I saw an interview with Madonna, (not the real one, the singer) and she said something like "I'm not a singer because I have such a great voice, but because I have something to say". I always wondered what it was she had to say, and I think it would be something like "I'm anti-everything but me & what I think & what feels good to me, and pro me and what I think and what feels good to me". I think many people idolize her and others in Hollywood and have adopted that credo as there own. It seems like most people in the spotlight of society live that philosophy to the fullest. Its a much rockier road to attempt to live the gospel (although all anybody can do is try and sometimes fail). Its not always what feels good to me and what I think and centered around me, but oddly enough it brings peace and hope and a future that being self centered never did for me.

Peace
MO Healing

#76814 - 04/01/03 09:57 AM Re: Another war - religious portion of my response
Wuamei Offline

Loc: The left turn I should have ta...
Mo,

Yeah, that incredible thread Outis started is the kinda thing I'm talkin about. Yes we must expose the lies to uncover the truths. Then we must embrace, present & live the truths.

Bro, I'm positive about being positive as a positive thing to do ;\) , but I positively don't often behave positively very positively at times!

Understand?

OK then would you please explain it to me?!

It's about being pro, pro-active, pro-peace.

I keep going back to the words of Jesus: "Blessed [joyful, fulfilled] are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God." (Matthew 5:9)

To be at peace means being a peacemaker--making peace with myself, my God, and my fellow humans.

No wonder peace isn't easy. No wonder so many people find it easier just to be anti-war or anti something else.

But peace is worth it.

Victor

#76815 - 04/01/03 08:31 PM Re: Another war - religious portion of my response
Les_Angry Offline
MaleSurvivor

Wow this has really been an eye opener for me, first reading that quote of Mother Thersea's from my prayer group and then putting it together with what you are saying. I actually looked at that>

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.