Newest Members
susanhepp, Breathe, georgetwo, frozen45, lilac
12291 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
adam319 (46), Bellemaman (36), Bob G. (58), S D Witwicky (38)
Who's Online
4 registered (randombreeze, ethereo222, 2 invisible), 21 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12291 Members
73 Forums
63227 Topics
442139 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#76796 - 03/20/03 08:05 AM Re: Small spiritual steps *** possible triggers ***
SandyW Offline

Loc: NJ
This thread has been very interesting for me, to say the least. I grew up in a church where "Church-ianity" was the norm, where my parents claimed to be Christian) but didn't live it. Church became synonomous with hypocracy, and I rejected Christianity for many years until I was faced with something for which I have no explanation except for divine intervention.

A few months back my pastor gave a sermon about this topic. Explaining that there were so many people seeking Christ that were turned off by the church and if accepting Christ meant accepting the church, then thanks, but no thanks. I wish I remember more of the sermon, but the baby was nursing quite frequently then, and I'm sure I was up and down through the service. If only I could find those sermon notes, I'll share them with you guys.

Quote:
While I do believe in an afterlife, I also believe how we live & treat others in this life has a lot to do with our afterlife. Which is why I strongly affirm that what I do in this life, as long as Iím in this life, is far more important than speculation about the afterlife. To be blunt, I believe all serious Christians believe this & try to live it.
Isn't this what is taught through out the>

#76797 - 03/22/03 04:07 AM Re: Small spiritual steps *** possible triggers ***
Les_Angry Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hey Jer I really identify with this statement:
Quote:
My second experience was standing in front of a mirror before going out one morning. To my utter surprise I was able to look at my face, look into my eyes, and not feel revulsion and hatred of my physical appearance. Some inner voice was able to reach me and say "look, you may not be dashingly handsome, but you're not a frankenstein monster". It's all a bit extreme, the negative views of my body and person, but that morning was a small step toward a more realistic view of myself.
My whole life I loathed my appearance and the appearance of anyone who looked like me. I'll read the self image post and post about it there. I just wanted to agree with what the Dean said:
Quote:
If a person seeks spirituality they will, I believe, always find God and have their own special relationship with God. So we are all in the hunt for a sense of meaning in life, ala Victor Frankl.
I agree with this even though I have no idea who Victor Frankl is. Ten years ago I went from being a total athiest to being what I think of now as a creative agnostic. 2 1/2 years ago I took another big step and now I am really trying to be a christian. I think it says somewhere in the bible "knock and the door will be opened".

Peace
MO Healing

#76798 - 03/22/03 11:06 AM Re: Small spiritual steps *** possible triggers ***
guy43 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minnesota
I'm soooo grateful for all of the kind words expressed toward me. Thank you truly. This is one thread that is one of those "print it and hang on the wall" items.

I'm reminded of thoughts expressed by some friends I have - put out to the universe what you need, and it will happen in one way or another.

So many ideas and experiences shared here. I'll come back to reply more asap.

The door is creaking open slowly. We journey separately, but togeather.

peace and affection,
jer

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.