Newest Members
SiegmundNYC, TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul, serenity38, vivo
12486 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Can-tex (45), cbchorn (41)
Who's Online
2 registered (traveler, 1 invisible), 29 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12487 Members
74 Forums
64149 Topics
447617 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#76764 - 03/10/03 05:47 PM Hubby [Mr Edd]
moo2 Offline

Loc: pottsboro,texas
Pray for Mr Edd my hubby. He was TRIGGERED with a

new flashback while reading something in

Malesurvivor. \:\( Mr Edd has been acting normal

around just me for a week and a half. THANK YOU

LORD!!! I was afraid of a stepback, but maybe not.

Reminding myself to just trust my LORD. Just pray

that Edwin will not burn himself or anything. I

care for you all through Christ's eyes.
IN CHRIST'S HEALING NAME,
Kim ;\) :rolleyes:

#76765 - 03/10/03 08:46 PM Re: Hubby [Mr Edd]
orodo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Imladris, The Safe Haven of Ar...
Prayers...

Peace

Orodo

It is better to be Dragon Master than Dragon Slayer. Some Dragons are meant to be mastered, others meant to be slain. Odin, Great Spirit, God, grant me the wisdom to know the difference. "May the Valar guide and bless you on your path under the sky"

#76766 - 03/10/03 10:58 PM Re: Hubby [Mr Edd]
Wuamei Offline

Loc: The left turn I should have ta...
Kim,

Unfortunately on sites of this nature that can happen sometimes. My flashbacks, and my recovery, actually started right after a session with my T.

Both of you may want to take a look at this thread about flashbacks & dealing with them...

http://www.malesurvivor.org/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=001511#000003

In one of my posts there I give some info & some links to helps for flashbacks.

Flashbacks are horrible to say the least. My prayers are with you both.

Victor

#76767 - 03/11/03 05:58 PM Re: Hubby [Mr Edd]
moo2 Offline

Loc: pottsboro,texas
MrEdd + I went to DHS to get some moneyhelp. At 7:30 MrEdd came in + sat in the corner of the room with only 1 male. He did fine even though he had panic attacks seemed like continually. I wrote in my journal. We finally got to go up front + I had to speak. Of course I did. Then we had to come back at 10:30. The room was packed. Mr Edd hid behind the door - at least he did not bolt + try to come back later. We waited until 11 or 11:30 until we were seen. Mr Edd was super nervous. But no need, we saw a Christian interveiwer + she understood everything. I was so glad. \:D When we were finally done, we still had to come back + pick up the card. So at 1:00 we stepped back in + waited another 35 mins..At first Mr Edd hid behind the door, but the chairs we used in the begining was open w/o men. I caught MrEdd thumping his head hard enough for me to hear. I stopped him, even though he whined like a little kid at first. Now we are here!!!!

Really in the long run he is handling flashbacks a good amount better. I think that week + a day in the hospital helped MrEdd to not hurt himself while having flashbacks.
Sorry about rambling, I needed to get out this day. FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!But we made it.
WITH MUCH LOVE,
Kim

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.