Newest Members
journey4two, VASurvivor, jayceemac, rwolf, FindingNemo
12328 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alicia (55), bubblytam (56), crazydragon (39), JGag78 (36), kris82 (32), Shin (28)
Who's Online
5 registered (learning2remember, crabbott, Shyshark, Tiger1982, 1 invisible), 14 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12328 Members
74 Forums
63401 Topics
443272 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#76755 - 03/06/03 11:12 AM An Encouraging Reminder
SandyW Offline

Loc: NJ
A friend of mine emailed me this so I thought I'd share...

Dear Child,

I just wanted to remind you today of how beautiful you are because there is a father of lies who will try to deceive you. He will try to tell you that you are not good enough, not attractive enough, not thin enough, not strong enough, not smart enough, not righteous enough, and that you are simply unimportant to Me.

He will try to tell you that you have broken one too many promises, that you have fallen one too many times, that you have lived one too many lies, and that you've been going in the wrong direction so long that it is pointless to turn back now. But guess what? YOU DO NOT BELONG TO HIM. HE IS NOT YOUR FATHER. I AM. You see, you are My creation. My workmanship. You have been borne of My thought, every part of you placed together by My hands.

You have My thumbprint upon you. You are My child, the child of THE King! I look at you and see a precious, priceless pearl. There is no ocean I would not swim, no mountain I would not climb, no price I would not pay to have you and to be with you and call you my own. I already have.

I have done all that I could, given all that there is. I desire to be with you every moment of every day. How I long for you to talk to Me every day. My love for you never grows cold. My promises are never broken (contrary to what he might lead you to believe).

My character never changes. And you, my child, have been made in My image. I love you dearly, unconditionally and completely. I understand every emotion that you have. I've been there. I count every tear that you cry. I know every hair on your head. And do you know what? I even know your weaknesses and your failures and your fears. I know those hidden parts of you that you wish would go away. Those dark corners of your world that you stuff deep down, praying that no one will ever see. I have already seen them and they will not change my love for you. Nothing will. I love your heart and I desire all of it.

I just wanted to remind you today of how beautiful you are and how precious you are to Me.

With Inmeasurable Love,

Your Heavenly Father

#76756 - 03/06/03 05:54 PM Re: An Encouraging Reminder
moo2 Offline

Loc: pottsboro,texas
Sandy,
I had tears in my eyes. All of that is totally true. \:D I hope everybody within this site will see this + open their eyes. Sandy, I am so grateful that you are a Christian. I believe that only Jesus can give us true hope to heal all the way.
IN CHRIST'S HOLY NAME,
Kim

#76757 - 03/06/03 09:20 PM Re: An Encouraging Reminder
Wuamei Offline

Loc: The left turn I should have ta...
Sandy:

Thank you for sharing this. It means a lot to me.

My father was gone by the time I was four. Before that he, along with my mother, incested me.

I had one stepfather, rarely home, usually drunk & abusive when he was, for only about a year, when I was about 8.

So for the most part I didn't have a father.

So someone like me would long for a heavenly Father like the One you describe, right?

Wrong!

Honestly, I was anything from atheist to agnostic
until I became a Christian at age 22. By then my ideas about fathers, including a heavenly Father,
were pretty well shaped. Fathers were either absent or you wished they were becuz when they weren't they were abusive.

Even as a Christian, the very idea much less the feeling and experiencing of a God Who Is a Father Who actually would/does love, nurture, protect & delight in me, has been anything from impossible to absurd...

...but as time as gone on, a faint hope, which at this point has become something I'm just beginning to believe in my heart as well as my head. Occasionally I even experience it a bit.

Reading something like this helps me to experience & feel what I really know & believe a bit more. That means I'm able to have a Father, a real Father, a bit more.

Thank you so much for this heavenly gift.

Victor

PS I've copied this to read & remind myself, and to share with others. Thanks again. \:\)

#76758 - 03/07/03 01:07 AM Re: An Encouraging Reminder
mattandrew Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
Sandy,

I must take issue with your post about a so called " Heavenly Father" if there is such a thing. i have not seen him nor have i experienced his so called fatherly ways.This issue for me is still in the hands of the jury and the verdict is still out.Please do not take offense to this but just know the conotation of a heavenly father to me is bogus.The other comment about this so called father being there,i did not see him nor did he help me in the time of need when i had issues in my life taking over that maybe a father figure could have helped with,this so called father must have been smoking some stuff and not sharin with the rest of the apostles like, Matthew,Mark,Luke & John meanwhile his so called children were going by the way side.Real good god he must have been sitting at the right hand of dumber & dopey the day i needed him and called out but, you know what i did not hear him say i am right here with you.

I ever wondered if there was a god even after growing up going to a church and then hearing dopey behind the pullpit telling me i was going to go to hell if i did not change my ways and this so called god was going to come back soon according to this book they called revelations,the preaching of hell fire and brim stone did not work on me nor did the god will return tommorrow theme.

Where was god on the days i was being abused?

gee what do we have for the loser today judge,why it is a night with eve in the garden of good & evil.

what do we have for the winner today judge why it is a day and night of living in hell and facing the abuse and physical torcher of a so called child of god.

Sorry but, i would rather continue my life with the so called pitch fork god,at least there i know i will no longer be abused by a so called gods chosen child.

Chosen what a joke, why don't you just go down to the adoption agency and see which child is chosen today to be the next chosen child of this so called god to be abused.

Don't get me wrong i am not personally taking issue with you as a person, just this post,For me i think i will stick to my heavy medal music and recreational drugs and my own rituals of finding another way of life besides religion and a so called " Heavenly Father" who did nothing for me and left me for dead.

Chosen by 666

#76759 - 03/07/03 01:13 AM Re: An Encouraging Reminder
RickL Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Oregon
Wow Sandy,

I want to echo the responses of Kim and Victor. I too have printed this and will read it before I go to bed tonight.

My human dad was a sick and sorry abuser. Very controlling. But sometimes ok. That made it even harder. Just when I'd start getting attached to him again, BAM! some horriffic verbal offense or abusive action would set me back again.

So in my case, I had a dad, but was excrutiatingly let down by him. And I have such a "father hunger". But of course, at age 46, no human being can stand in to play that role. Only God, my heavenly Father is where I'll find those needs met.

So thanks again for sharing with us.

Rick

#76760 - 03/07/03 07:50 AM Re: An Encouraging Reminder
SandyW Offline

Loc: NJ
Mattandrew,

I'm curious that you choose to read the posts in Religion when it is something you reject. Your post seems to cry out "Father, why have you forsaken me?" I recall hearing those words from someone other than yourself.

Sandy

#76761 - 03/07/03 04:59 PM Re: An Encouraging Reminder
Wuamei Offline

Loc: The left turn I should have ta...
Quote:
Where was god on the days i was being abused?
Matt, God only knows how many times I've asked that question in the last 18 months or so...

Victor

#76762 - 03/07/03 08:53 PM Re: An Encouraging Reminder
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Matt
like you I lost my religion at a very early age, about the time my abuse started.
At the boarding school we had hymns and prayers every day and church on Sunday, no options.

I can clearly remember standing silent and spending the time thinking about what was happening, why was I being treated like this ?

I've never returned to religion, but instead I've found a level of spirituality and decency that probably mirrors some of the aspects of religion that I can accept.
I can see that most religious people are caring and decent people, as indeed are many non believers.
My view is that some people prefer the structure of an organization to help support their ideals and accept the religious one.
I don't doubt that many believers will argue that.

My structure is just different and more suited to me. It's the one I built when the other ones failed me.

Dave

#76763 - 03/07/03 09:09 PM Re: An Encouraging Reminder
guy43 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minnesota
MattAndrew,

Having been abused by my bio-father, a 'man-of-the-cloth', I can relate to your post. Just where or what was god thinking when he/she allowed his apostle (as this denomination's ministers are entitled) to abuse his son in real life?

My religious life never had a chance. My spirit lives deep within, held by a little boy who talks to me sometimes.

-----------
What is 668?

The neighbor of the beast.

jer

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.