Newest Members
JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS
12466 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
BobbyJay (53), john50049 (57), Samii (34)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 23 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12466 Members
74 Forums
64014 Topics
446752 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#76466 - 04/20/01 11:15 PM Romans 8:38-39
wobble Offline

Loc: Spanish Fork, Ut, USA
Neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is Christ Jesus our Lord.

I hope that this finds you some comfort. It has me.

#76467 - 04/22/01 04:49 AM Re: Romans 8:38-39
Neil Offline

Loc: Millersville, MD, USA
A big Amen..... Good to hear from you. God bless you Wobble.

#198867 - 01/09/08 11:46 PM Re: Romans 8:38-39 [Re: Neil]
Coach Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
It might not separate us from the love of God, however (abuse)does a pretty good job of distorting the concept of His love!

A.W. Tozer put it the best "Life is in perpetual antithesis"

Coach

#198957 - 01/10/08 08:20 PM Re: Romans 8:38-39 [Re: Coach]
Danbuff Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY state
Coach,
With all due respect, God has nothing to do with evil that men do. Nothing about God's love is distubing to me now that I accept him in my own life.

I once raised my fists and said horrible things and blamed God for the misery and said "How could you let this happen"? I now believe He weeps for the pain inflicted by men who were created in His likeness.

Everyday I try to find gratitude in even the smallest way. Some days it is harder than others, but I stopped blaming God

Peace,
Dan

#199047 - 01/11/08 01:56 PM Re: Romans 8:38-39 [Re: Danbuff]
Coach Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
Dan,

I respectfully respect your thought on the matter. However, if the distortion concept wasn't an issue like it is for the majority of us that have been abused, then we wouldn't even be e-mailing. I've found that the christian church as a whole (Churches, Pastors, Theologians, Professionals, Close friends, Etc.) have not known how to successfully and intellectually bridge the chasm.

I think it is great that you've perceived!

Not to play the Devil's advocate, but it is very clear from the book of Job chapter 42 verse 11 "and they bemoaned him, and comforted him over all the evil that the Lord had brought upon him."

I'm not blaming God! I know I have no chance accept for His Mercy, etc.

I could say more.

Coach

P.S. Ancora Imparo (I'm still learning)

#199356 - 01/13/08 11:03 PM Re: Romans 8:38-39 [Re: Coach]
weapher Offline

Loc: Oregon
Great discussion...

In my opinion, the difference for us is that we tend to look at God logically rather than seeing Him with our heart as a loving father who is concerned for us and weeps over our struggles.

Romans 8 is a reminder that God loves us and will never leave us. This>

#199362 - 01/13/08 11:38 PM Re: Romans 8:38-39 [Re: weapher]
bp83 Offline

Loc: Arkansas
Hey Coach, quick response to the>

"Life is for living, we all know, and I don't want to live it alone..."-Chris Martin

#199370 - 01/14/08 12:23 AM Re: Romans 8:38-39 [Re: weapher]
James_dup1 Offline

Loc: Wyoming
There was a time when I was so mad at God I wouldnt even speak with Him. I remember laying in bed at night's praying over and over to God to please make the abuse stop, even if it ment me dieing. But it didn't stop not until I moved 1000 miles from "home". And for a very long time I blamed God for this. I felt he had turned his back on me. But is this fair? I understand and know the abuse wasn't fair but was it fair for me to blame God? I had a dear friend point out a few things to me and I would like to share them. Now I'll not be able to repete them word for word but think I can get the main idea across.

I was asked what the bible says God "is" ofcourse I didn't have an answer even though I grew up going to church. I didn't know the answer. I mean I gave the normal answers. God is the creator, powerful, GOD ya know? But it was pointed out to me that in the bible it tells me just what God "is" 1 John 4:8 says it... "God is love" (please read 1 Corinthians for what the bible say "love" is) So if God is love then how could he be the blame for my abuse? OK so that's one example so what, right? OK so this friend kept going. So he pointed out Mattew (Where Jesue went too the wilderness to fast) 4:8 where satan showed Jesue "all the kingdoms of the world" Then it goes on to say in 9 "All these things I will give you if you fall down and do an act of worship to me" So the question was put to me... "How can Satan offer something that doesnt belong to him?" For example: If we are walking down the street and I see a sports car I like driveing down the road and make a comment on it. How could you offer me the car if you do not own it. So.. the line of thinking behind this was "How can satan offer Jesus "all the kingdoms of the world" if he didn't own them to begin with?"

His point was this: If satan "owns" all the kingdoms of the world, then who rules the world? Not the heavens mind you but the kingdoms of the world. Well the only answer I could give was "It must be satan". So if satan rules the world then who must be responable for the state the world is in? Same answer, right? So if satan is responable for the state the world is in.. then who must be responable for the abuse going on in the world? Well I could only answer Satan. So with this line of reasoning I learned to let go of my anger too God for the bad that happened to me as a child. There were other examples given of how God crys when we hurt, how he feels our pain, how he hates the bad that is happening. And how in time He will put an end to all of this once and for all.. but that would be for a different thread.

Just some thoughts,
James

#199405 - 01/14/08 08:58 AM Re: Romans 8:38-39 [Re: James_dup1]
DanM Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: So. California
James,

I so agree with your analysis and conclusion. God loves us all.

Dan

#199438 - 01/14/08 12:27 PM Re: Romans 8:38-39 [Re: DanM]
weapher Offline

Loc: Oregon
Well stated James... And if God does love us the way you pointed out in Corinthians, then it is to be understood that His Love for us will never fail us.

God is love and God's love is perfect.

It goes back to His character...

1Co 13:4-8 Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails...

Cool.

weapher

btw.. this conversation made me really think about the>

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.