Newest Members
Anony_mous, Drew6991x, Miro, jj843, The Abyss
12364 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
gryffindor (67), KevinSweeney (57), latinflavor815 (52), latin_flavor_815 (52), RTMark (33), sabooka (35), southpaw10 (46)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12364 Members
74 Forums
63546 Topics
443993 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#76455 - 04/05/01 11:50 PM New Survivor on the Block
David C Offline

Loc: Edinburg, Texas, USA
I am a new member and a survivor. I'm 26 years old Texan, married 5 years to a beautiful wife and am the father of a wonderful 1 year old son. But, everyday I live with the effects of things that happened to me as a teenager (entering puberty --- a very vulnerable time).

My experiences are probably not as bad as some of you but they were sure strong enough to ruin my life for many years. My life is much better now that I have found peace through Jesus Christ but the memories of what happened and how I reacted are always fresh in memory.

Without Christ, I would not have survived. But, I still want someone to talk and open up to that I know has been through similar experiences and struggles.

Surviving,
David C

#76456 - 04/06/01 11:23 AM Re: New Survivor on the Block
fmighell Offline

Loc: Anchorage,Alaska
Peace of the lord be with you also.
All my thanks, is given to God,
in helping me, in all my times of need.

With what parenting I had or didn't have,
Today I am greatful to be alive.
My prayers with God is what help me.

Knowing the Bible, keeping the storys in the fore-front of my mind, with his glory.
One of my effects, when I split psychologically from the violence I experinced, my mind had Gods glory
as a child and as an adult,
is it a adult manifestation
of my child sexual abuse?

Somtimes I confuse myself, my experince of what happen and inject my childhood wishful thinking from the Bible, in to my memorys.
As a survivor trance state, to distance my abuse, because as a child with out parental guidence I had nothing else to go by.

Today I am still thankful to God for his love for me and for his son,
Jesus

fmighell Anc Ak

#76457 - 04/06/01 05:48 PM Re: New Survivor on the Block
kbrooks19 Offline

Loc: Chatham,Ontario,Canada
Hello David...

You did not leave your email address with me to talk back anf fourth.... If you wish to email me, my email address is kbrooks19@hotmail.com.

Take Care

Kevin

#76458 - 04/08/01 06:21 PM Re: New Survivor on the Block
michael Joseph Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Virginia
My email is mickeyjk@teacher.com

Hello Kevin, glad to see you.

I have been in Detroit again.

David, Crist was the only one at times that was in my life. The poem footprints describes most of my childhood. He carried me through the though times. Now I am tring to Remember the good times so I can enjoy what is happening now. I am hoping for a child, I'm gald for you. What a blessing.

The Round Table, Men's CSA Group, Monday 7:30pm CST, MaleSurvivor Chat

#76459 - 04/10/01 11:02 PM Re: New Survivor on the Block
David C Offline

Thanks for your replies. I find myself wondering how my life has progressed in spite of what happened. God's hand is surely on my life, especially after I gave my life to Jesus Christ. He is the Answer and the only way to God's grace.

There are times I don't feel I can go on but there are other times when I know I just can't quit. Struggles occur frequently.

But, good days still abound in the midst of the bad ones. My e-mail for those who would like to communicate personally is: DACanales@msn.com

See you later ...
David C

#76460 - 04/13/01 10:57 AM Re: New Survivor on the Block
fmighell Offline

Loc: Anchorage,Alaska
I share in your feelings,
glory to God.
Today is truely a wonderful day,
thanks be to his grace.

As unworthy as I am,
God is a loving God.
Why even at my worst,
I am at my best, for his grace.

My prayers for you,
and the peace of the Lord.

fmighell Anc Ak

#76461 - 04/15/01 06:14 AM Re: New Survivor on the Block
Neil Offline

Loc: Millersville, MD, USA
David.... I wanted to take a minute and say welcome to this site. I thank God that He has led you here. I too was abused as a teenager for several years. Please don't minimize what happened to you. Abuse is abuse and comes in many different forms, all of which can have devastating affects on us. I was abused inside the church and am just beginning to have a real relationship with God again. I'm still having a little bit of a hard time trusting those in authority in a church. My wife and I have finally found a church where I feel pretty safe but it took a long time. If you would like to read my story here's the address: (http://spiritualsurvival.org) If you would like to talk my e-mail address is: (somdcatman@aol.com) I will pray for your continued healing. Please pray for mine.

#76462 - 04/20/01 11:17 PM Re: New Survivor on the Block
wobble Offline

Loc: Spanish Fork, Ut, USA
I wish you the best in all that you do.

#76463 - 04/30/01 12:11 AM Re: New Survivor on the Block
michael Joseph Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Virginia
God must be watching me close, cause I needed to be watched.

I am glad to be alive. I ma glad it is spring. I am grateful for my wife, and hope god blesses us with a child. I have been told that the abuse helps me help others.
It does. I am very empathetic. It is not too hare to switch shoes with other people.

If any one wants to pray for me please do, and i will pray for anyone who asks.

The Round Table, Men's CSA Group, Monday 7:30pm CST, MaleSurvivor Chat

#76464 - 05/06/01 07:15 PM Re: New Survivor on the Block
David C Offline

God is really speaking to me about giving all of my burdens to Him. The Bible says His load is light and I definitely need a light load right now. I pray for all of you and ask that you do the same for me. Prayer is a powerful key towards healing because when you feel you can't trust any men for what they did, there is one man you can ALWAYS trust -- Jesus Christ. He walked in our shoes, was tempted in all ways yet was sinless and provided a way for our sins to be cleansed and a way for the sins of our abusers to be cleansed too, if they ever repent of their ways and ask for it.

It took me a long time to forgive them in my own heart even though I have never seen them again and would like to tell them to their faces how they ruined my life but how God's enduring mercy and everlasting grace saved me from their acts and gave me a life of hope and joy. Praise God for His infinite love and peace.

May the God of peace bless all of you in every one of your endeavors....

Enduring and surviving,
David C.

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.