Newest Members
rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous, Drew6991x
12367 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
rpalm06 (46)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 24 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12367 Members
74 Forums
63557 Topics
444036 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#76443 - 03/18/01 06:29 PM Re: Just an observation...
matt Offline

Loc: Perth, Australia
Hey Alien61,
Just in reply to your post 2 before..
I can see why you have trouble seeing any good in christians when every christian you've come across has been a "prick" *grin*
Not all christians are actually "christians". Many people come to church out of habit, or just to look like they are good members of the community, but they don't personally know Christ and they haven't actually handed over their lives to him..
On the other hand (thinking of this pastor)you can also get christians that do know Christ and have given their lives to him, but just don't get the jist of love...
(I have no idea how a Christian who has accepted the gift of Jesus dying on the cross to forgive their sins, can then turn around with hatred and bigotry to their fellow men.... The Bible talks about true christians loving their fellow men as they love God)
I spose Alien it comes down to you... When you read the Bible (if you read the Bible) how do you see Jesus ? What do you think of what he does ? Do you belive in Him ? Just because Christians have given you a bad impression don't let that stop you from having your own relationship with God...
Maybe you could try some other churches until you find one you like ?
Anyway I hope this gives you some encouragement that there are decent christians out there who do try to practice what they preach...

Catch ya later... Matt

#76444 - 03/29/01 09:03 PM Re: Just an observation...
michael Joseph Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Virginia
It is not in my heart to hurt someone, but poeple still get hurt. I cannot read minds and from time to time I may hurt people.

It is in my heart to Love because I want love back too. Loving means risking hurt.

I need to be loved, and at some point I will be hurt by someone.

Since we all sin, no one is above any other
on earth. There are no sinless people. Let the one without sin through the first stone.

All I know is that when no one else is there
God is. He does not want his children hurt,
it is other people who hurt children.

The Round Table, Men's CSA Group, Monday 7:30pm CST, MaleSurvivor Chat

#76445 - 04/05/01 09:12 PM Re: Just an observation...
michael Joseph Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Virginia
I had this friend, he is a minister.
I ran into him at a funeral of a mutual friend. He did not know I knew him. At the furneral he did not remember me. If this was on purpose I do not know. He used to kiss me on the lips, very inapropriate.
He knew of my abusive background.

A friend of mine told me years later he hit on him, actual asking to go to bed.

I know God is good, but some ministers and priests are messed up.

The Round Table, Men's CSA Group, Monday 7:30pm CST, MaleSurvivor Chat

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.