Newest Members
mossTI, E35, 1975, Lucy, StacyR
12337 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
deaddreamer (41), hkkim (55), tony watashi (44)
Who's Online
1 registered (traveler), 15 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12337 Members
74 Forums
63427 Topics
443413 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#76398 - 11/02/00 03:38 PM would like a friend that understands
wert Offline

Loc: Ut
I am so glad that I found this website. At least I know now that I am not the only one out there. I feel in my case that my story is a little different than most stories.
I was involved in a sexual experience with my older brother. I was never forced to do anything. I did it out of my own free will. Mind you I was about 6 to 7 years old. I still remember the sights, sounds, smells, and feelings. These things have haunted me eversince that time. It happend more than once and sometimes I would initiate it. I feel guilty and ashamed. In some sense I feel like I am a homosexual. No offense but I was brought up in a good Christian home where I was taught that this was against the laws of God. I still believe those values but sometimes it gets so hard. My brother and I are friends and as far as I can tell I have no hatred for him. I have wired thoughts that I am trying to control and even my dreams are wild but I can't control those. I am getting the help I need (thank goodness) but I also would like to hear from any of you who might have been or are in the same situation. I just want a friend who really understands. I have friends who know everything and are trying to understand but they just can't and they admit to that. I just want a friend.

#76399 - 11/03/00 04:56 AM Re: would like a friend that understands
Neil Offline

Loc: Millersville, MD, USA
Wert, I just responded to your reply to abcd in the other section. I too sought out my abuser on many occasions but I still consider what happened to me abuse. He had taken advantage of my innocence. I was young and unknowing. A young boy should not be taught such adult things at that young of an age. I don't know how much older your brother is than you but he should not have taken advantage of you that way. I too felt responsible for what happened to me for many years. Not until I began my recovery did I realize that I was not responsible at all. I WAS ABUSED. I also questioned my sexuality for years. I think all men go through some of that but it can be much worse for survivors especially if they were abused by another male. I was raised in a strict religious home so having those thoughts seemed so wrong. I felt dirty and ashamed. I learned through counseling that these are very normal feelings. I will be praying for your healing. If you would like to e-mail me directly here's the address: somdcatman@aol.com Neil

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.