Newest Members
0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady
12502 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
fakir (71), HelpMeHelpHim32 (41), motherstars (65)
Who's Online
4 registered (4 invisible), 15 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12502 Members
74 Forums
64189 Topics
447924 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#76391 - 01/20/07 02:47 AM My Pastor died yesterday, I feel nothing!
lostcowboy Offline

Loc: North Texas
My Pastor/ best friend died yesterday, and I feel no grief, what the hell is wrong with me! I have known him for eight years.

When my Dad died it took me over six months to feel grief.

Take care,
Clifford

#76392 - 01/20/07 03:51 AM Re: My Pastor died yesterday, I feel nothing!
froggy12 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Marlboro, MA 01752
Clifford, grief has no timetable. We react differently for each individual. You will see soon enough.

froggy

#76393 - 01/20/07 04:29 AM Re: My Pastor died yesterday, I feel nothing!
TeeJayUU Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MidWest
Clifford,

I agree with Froggy. Also remember that no two "griefs" can ever be the same.

I will say Prayers for you, your Pastor and best friend, and his family.

I am so very sorry for your loss. We have all lost too much already.

TJ

#76394 - 01/20/07 03:20 PM Re: My Pastor died yesterday, I feel nothing!
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Loc: New Jersey
Clifford,

There is no "right" response to grief. Some people just go on auto pilot and continue on with their lives, refusing to allow the feeling because it's just too much bear. Sooner or later, something happens to bring the loss to the forefront of the brain and we grieve. Sometimes it's an event that means nothing to anyone except you. Sometimes, it's just a quiet thought in your own head.

Don't fret over this. You're OK.

ROCK ON........Trish

#139300 - 01/27/07 10:08 PM Re: My Pastor died yesterday, I feel nothing! [Re: Trish4850]
Derdlecar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ogden Utah, USA
Clifford,

Don't worry about the fact that your reaction to this loss is not what you may think that it should be. Your reaction to what happened is what it is and there is nothing that needs to be done about it because it is the right reaction for you at this time.

Hang in there, the reaction you think you should have will happen when the time is right for you.

Love ya
Darrel

#139337 - 01/28/07 08:14 AM Re: My Pastor died yesterday, I feel nothing! [Re: Derdlecar]
sabata Offline
MaleSurvivor

when my mom died i felt nothing...just like she never existed steve

#139440 - 01/29/07 05:36 PM Re: My Pastor died yesterday, I feel nothing! [Re: sabata]
Ivanhoe Offline
MaleSurvivor

Clifford,

My condolences on the loss of your Pastor friend. That's quite a combination...maybe you're in shock. I've known several pastors and I've had a friend or two but I don't think that I've ever lost a friend who was a pastor.
Give yourself some time and whatever you do, don't beat yourself up for not feeling what you think that you should be feeling. Too many of us give ourselves a bad time for not feeling this or that at the appropriate time. I think that some of us have such a complicated response to grief and sadness. In some cases, we haven't worked out the sadness and grief of the loss of our own lives, let alone handling the grief that comes at us from the outside.
Peace, Clifford, he sounds like he must have been a good friend. Like the others have said before me, it will take some time. As someone said today, loss comes to us in bits and pieces.
David

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.