Newest Members
ShinTensei, jaklumen, Bennett, 0128, jeremywickers
12505 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Drea (31), gpdno (47), serb guy (49), Thomas8221 (60), UncleClover (43)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 12 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12505 Members
74 Forums
64194 Topics
447976 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#139835 - 02/01/07 03:40 AM Re: Church [Re: FormerTexan]
pietie Offline

Loc: South Africa
I struggled with this questions myself. I came to the same conclussion that men are free to choose. You have the choice to believe in God or not, to look for help or not, to... you get the picture. God did not make your perp do what he wanted to it was his own choice.

Why did God allow it? I do not know but I think it comes back to the freedom to choose.

In my own situation I must confess that had it not been for my realtionship with God - and I am not referring to any religious movement - I would not have survived. I tried commiting suicide more times than I care to remember. In that sense I feel God did not allow it to be succesfull. Just think of the devastation it would have caused the family left behind.

Somebody once asked me what would I do if the same thing happened to one of my boys and I replied that I would be furious and cry for my boys sake. He then replied that in that case don't I think that God is also furious and cried for what happened to me - and in this case to all of us?

I find my strength of working through my issues with Him and I believe I found this site due to Him as well as I have been praying for a long time to get help from people that understand.

I hope I did not offend anybody but this is what I feel and I will not deny my feelings any longer \:\)

#141431 - 02/13/07 06:26 PM Re: Church [Re: pietie]
Nobbynobs Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Toronto
Pietie,

I noticed that nobody replied to your post so I will.

Quote:
I find my strength of working through my issues with Him and I believe I found this site due to Him as well as I have been praying for a long time to get help from people that understand.

I hope I did not offend anybody but this is what I feel and I will not deny my feelings any longer \:\)

Amen to that!

- Mel Brooks

#141447 - 02/13/07 07:50 PM Re: Church [Re: Nobbynobs]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks for sharing pietie. I didn't see your post earlier. I like it. A very simple statement of faith. Awesome.

John

#141457 - 02/13/07 08:09 PM Re: Church [Re: WalkingSouth]
sabata Offline
MaleSurvivor

not sure if i belive in the whole god thing...did a little church as a child..then nothing...when i started this healing thing...started a catholic thing to learn thier ways..dropped out of that..so thats it..

#141480 - 02/13/07 10:51 PM Re: Church [Re: sabata]
Nobbynobs Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Toronto
sabata, it takes time. The important thing is to be good to yourself and just let things take their course. Your answers will come.

- Mel Brooks

#141493 - 02/13/07 11:55 PM Re: Church [Re: Nobbynobs]
shadowkid Offline
WARNING from ModTeam, September 2013: user "Shadowkid" was exposed as a hoaxer. His entire online persona and stories of sexual abuse were fiction. We encourage you not to become emotionally concerned by anything you see in any of his posts. Thank you
MaleSurvivor

i think faith is a very personal thing and many people have faith in many different things ,isnt faith about you ? for you ? so even if your the only one that believes, if you truly believe then it will help you a lot.faith is a good thing cause its really part of hope. someday i hope to be able to have the kind of faith that guys have in god ,in real people, people i can trust ,people who care .i think its takes a lot of faith in other people to really heal this crap . finding this site gave me hope that my faith in people could be right

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.