Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
DruidWolf (39), Harry (33), knigh50 (53), mike54 (56)
Who's Online
4 registered (BuffaloCO, Shockwave, Bluedogone, ethereo222), 28 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63211 Topics
442001 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#76351 - 12/20/06 11:19 PM Re: Church
sis Offline

Loc: Arizona
John
Yes, perfect, ask god to take you on the journey you're supposed to be on. The answers will come. I hope anyone searching for answers finds the ones that fit into their own lives. i wish everyone a spiritual connection that makes them happy. light and luv, sis

#76352 - 01/07/07 06:14 PM Re: Church
Kenn Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Toronto, Canada
This has been a nice thread for reflection.

In spite of everything that has happened, I don't think I've ever blamed God. Maybe I've just never believed that God lets shit happen but, instead, is a refuge - the go-to-"guy" - when shit happens.

God (He, She and/or It) has always been found in that place where my breath goes and almost runs out.

God has been found in beauty that I cannot get enough of.

God has been found in mystery (my nickname for God is, in fact, Mystery).

Peace,

Kenn

William Shakespeare, Hamlet

#76353 - 01/07/07 11:01 PM Re: Church
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Dont forget Kenn, if God really was born, and I hasten to add that history will back this up, then he will have found the bestial side of man, who never knew how to nurture his young.

Anybody who was good was frowned upon, as evil and worthy of death.
Innocence has always been a sacrifice for the evil amongst man.

"Those who have witnessed the dark of man, will find incredible light in their next life".
"Those who have lived in past dark and never listened to the Lord will live in eternal darkness".

"Those who fill the little ones with the darkness of their own souls shall be dealt with the same millstone as they caste on a childs life for eternity and will walk in the wilderness forever"

That is my quotes;

In other words, I am saying, dont turn a childs life into nothing.
The suffering on Earth is nothing compared to eternal happiness.

If we are good on Earth, God will embrace us in his arms as the little lambs he put amongst his flock,

ste

#76354 - 01/07/07 11:27 PM Re: Church
shadowkid Offline
WARNING from ModTeam, September 2013: user "Shadowkid" was exposed as a hoaxer. His entire online persona and stories of sexual abuse were fiction. We encourage you not to become emotionally concerned by anything you see in any of his posts. Thank you
MaleSurvivor

how mny times does god get to let you down? if i think of all the people who let me down gods had more chances than any of them ,at least he's consistent. church ? church is where people go to be forgiven all the shit they did this week ,then they can start a new week with a clean slate,and do it all over again ,the curch that i am pretty much forced to go to is filled with people who want to help ,but they dont want to help me or the homeless guy down the street ,they want to ensure a place at gods side by converting people to their way of thinking ,so if they save me they dont do it out of any concern for me ,its just to get a mark in gods big book ,its a joke !but the jokes on them cause they didnt change how i feel they just showed me its better for me to not show it. yeah i been saved ,heh saved from having to listen to any of their b.s. . god wont help you you know that right?

/
?

#76355 - 01/08/07 02:06 AM Re: Church
Nobbynobs Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Toronto
The question to ask is not how many times has God let you down, but how many times has God picked you up?

- Mel Brooks

#76356 - 01/08/07 02:09 AM Re: Church
shadowkid Offline
WARNING from ModTeam, September 2013: user "Shadowkid" was exposed as a hoaxer. His entire online persona and stories of sexual abuse were fiction. We encourage you not to become emotionally concerned by anything you see in any of his posts. Thank you
MaleSurvivor

oh no im staying outta this one !!!lol

#76357 - 01/14/07 03:42 AM Re: Church
Brokenhearted Offline

Loc: TX
I heard a man the other day talk about God/Jesus. He was saying how we all want perfect lives and some people get upset when everything doesn't go their way, or esp. if pain and suffering come their way. The man pointed out that, as he thought about it, he realized that the God most people follow (Jesus) was CRUCIFIED! He did not have the comfortable, cushy life of a king but was born in a stable and later spit on, scurged, etc. So think about this for a moment and then compare our bad times to His. (I might get crucified for writing this but I hope not). The Serenity Prayer is a good one that made me realize something. We aren't put here to "be happy", we are put here to follow Him no matter what our lives are like and to love others. I know that without Him I would feel a lot less joy and hope, and would have a lot less strength to get through the crap in life. I like how this poem says we can hope to be "reasonably happy" in our short lives on earth, but can expect to be "supremely happy" with Him in heaven:

God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change,
courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time,
enjoying one moment at a time,
accepting hardship as the pathway to peace;
taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is,
not as I would have it;
trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His will;
that I may be reasonably happy in this life,
and supremely happy with Him forever
in the next. Amen.

*Surrendering* to His will is the hardest part for most people.

It were better for him that a millstone were hanged around his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.
Luke 17:2

#76358 - 01/14/07 03:57 AM Re: Church
Brokenhearted Offline

Loc: TX
Also Adam when you said "they want to ensure a place at gods side by converting people to their way of thinking ,so if they save me they dont do it out of any concern for me ,its just to get a mark in gods big book" ----- 'But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not look at his appearance or at the height of his stature, because I have rejected him; for God sees not as man sees, for man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart." (1 Samuel 16:7)

Actions done with bad motives are despised by God: http://www.godandscience.org/doctrine/heartgod.html

It were better for him that a millstone were hanged around his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.
Luke 17:2

#76359 - 01/21/07 09:00 AM Re: Church
AshSurvived Offline

Loc: Australia
I felt I would like to respond to the comments about the journey and finding God in your own way. I was intially worried I might offend someone and speak out of turn, but then I saw Shadowkid had beaten me to it.

I just wanted to say that my journey led me to Atheism. So if you really want to take that journey you may end up where I am, and that may not be where you want to be. I still think about religion and I try hard not to be like Richard Dawkins and make a living from trying to purge people of their 'erroneous beliefs'.

But I am sure there are virtual churches. I have found a major virtual ex-christian community that was helpful to me for a while, so I'm sure similar things exist for non-ex-religious types.

Have you tried Beliefnet. If not, I think you would get a great deal out of it. I argue too much if I go there, so I stopped myself.

If you are feeling you may want to explore a post-religious outlook, I highly reccommend the very non-Dawkins, very non-overhyped-bestseller 'Religion Explained' by Pascal Boyer. It is what it says. I am only halfway through it and it's a difficult read, I need to be very clear headed to concentrate, but it's very rewarding if you like anthropology and psychology and someone who criticises the critics and really endevours to be gentlemanly and inclusive about his work.

He talks about religious people from many cultures as 'his friends'. And really takes the 'educated classes' to task for their 'erroneous thinking'.

- Harvey Pekar to David Letterman
(American Splendour)

#76360 - 01/21/07 03:24 PM Re: Church
Nobbynobs Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Toronto
I always thought that atheism must be extremely difficult to maintain.

- Mel Brooks

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.