Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
melnjams (42), rage (27)
Who's Online
4 registered (Tiger1982, WriterKeith, 2 invisible), 26 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63189 Topics
441846 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#76316 - 12/14/06 03:49 AM Re: Matthew 18 (the Millstone Parable)
shadowkid Offline
WARNING from ModTeam, September 2013: user "Shadowkid" was exposed as a hoaxer. His entire online persona and stories of sexual abuse were fiction. We encourage you not to become emotionally concerned by anything you see in any of his posts. Thank you
MaleSurvivor

thanks guys ,i do understand totaly and hey if i found the truth i would want to share it with you also,its a testement to where we are as people that we can talk like we have here,i really do understand that you guys are only trying to help me all i can ask is dont loose paientience with me k? if it wasnt important to all of us any one of us could have just said ok ive had enough of this and dropped out of the thread. i only keep questioning cause i dont have the answers yet ,but i do respect that your not trying to force anything on me ,like i said if i found something that helped i would want everyone to know about it ,but i would understand if some people have been hurt bad enough that they need proof.thank you all for wanting to give me something good i posted this on another thread but i think its so cool that we can 'discuss' lol, things and show emotion ,but at the end of the day we can walk away as friends . the only thing stronger than my desire for answers is my respect for all of you. adam

#76317 - 12/14/06 10:06 AM Re: Matthew 18 (the Millstone Parable)
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
adam, imagine the weight of all the crap from the past, its like a millstone.
None of it should be yours or ours, its too much to carry.

God does work in mysterious ways, but he does pick you up when you fall, even when you think not.

The millstone he promised to those who hurt you is for eternity, not life, eternity.
They will be accountble for their lives on earth.

Time is your tutor, but look for him and you will find him,

ste

#76318 - 12/14/06 12:30 PM Re: Matthew 18 (the Millstone Parable)
phoster Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ohio
Adam, I trust in God and His love for us. All will know the truth before they are judged, and they will be judged based on accepting or rejecting God. You donít have to worship Satan outright to reject God, and when you reject God you are in the same boat as Satan.

Do you understand that everyone that has ever lived has either had the seal of God or the mark of the beast? It is one way or the other. Either your mind belongs to God and carries His seal, or it doesnít. Either your hands do the work of God, or they donít. There is no middle ground here. This is the whole reason the flesh age is here, for each person to be born ignorant and innocent, so that they may choose whom they will love.

God created us for His pleasure, millions of years ago. Then we made a home here, and we lived for millions of years serving God. Until Lucifer, our high priest decided he was as powerful as God, and that he was equal to God. Then he led a third of Godís children in revolt and rebellion, and there was a civil war in heaven. God and His third won, and God faced an awful task. He faced having to destroy a third of His children, but what if they werenít all evil? What if Satan and his influence were removed? Would they still choose him? That is what we are here trying to find out.

Do you understand that this flesh life is trivial. It is a small test, compared to eternal life. What are the few years we have here when we live forever? Do you understand that this life is a test? It is going to have problems, because God wants to know whom you will turn to, and who you will follow when times are hard. When this is over, He wants to know that you love and follow Him no matter what. We donít want to have to do this again. When this is over, those that are left will be strong and sure. Those that might rebel again will be removed.

God will not judge someone until they know the truth. That is why so many are blinded to the truth now. If they fail without knowing the truth, then they can be excused and taught before they are judged. I know that with all that has happened to you that you may never believe in the flesh. You may never find your answers here, but I also trust that God will make sure you have your answers and make your informed choice before you are judged. You will find the truth and either accept or reject it either here or in the thousand years Christ reigns. Then the cloak of ignorance will be removed, and you will know all I am saying and more. You will remember the word, and it will not have to be taught to you. In that time you will be taught discipline and strength, but that will be a much harder path than the one of grace now open to you. In the millennium you can either be one of the teachers, the saints, or you can be one of the people that needs taught and judged.

They make out judgment as some frightening thing. I suppose if you are not Godís child you ought to be afraid, but if you are Godís it will be like the children in the fiery furnace. You will stand with Christ in the midst of purifying fire, and not even have the smell of smoke on your clothes. In an instant all evil will melt away, and the pure of heart will rise out of the flames. Those that remain will be a family forever more. When God renews this earth one final time, He will erase all of this. We will not grieve for those lost, because we will not even remember them. It will be a new beginning.
The hardest thing being a servant has is watching all the stuff going on around you. You know the truth, but the world doesnít want to hear. You knock on doors, only to have them closed over and over. The scroll, the Bible was sweet when God opened to me and I ate it up. It is bitter in my stomach because for all I have been shown, I cannot change anything. No one wants to hear. That is frustrating beyond measure. I sit and watch the events unfold. I watch the new world order form. I wait for the deadly wound, and for Satan to appear and save the world. I wait to see him work wonders and call lightening down and cure people. I wait to see this world run after him thinking he is Christ. I will know better, but I will be powerless to stop any of it. I will watch those I love fall into his trap, and I will be unable to stop them. I watch the cares of the world wrack my brothers like you and others here. I know the answers, but I cannot give them to you. I know God, and I cannot open your heart to Him. That is my grief. I am a sure as the sun rising of all I know, because it came from God himself, but as sure as I am, I cannot give you one word of it. So I pray to God for you and for others, hoping a few might hear, or that perhaps another such as myself may be waiting for this. I pray and I watch. I watch and I wait. I watch all the suffering, all the confusion that aggravates me so. I watch the lost, and wish I could help them. That is my pain. The hardest thing for me is knowing, and not being able to share, because this is a spiritual war, and faith and love are not things you can give another. They start inside each person, and for all I know, I cannot put anything into anotherís heart.

You are in my prayers. I am faithful in time you will have your answers. I am faithful that all that can will be saved.

#76319 - 12/14/06 08:16 PM Re: Matthew 18 (the Millstone Parable)
shadowkid Offline
WARNING from ModTeam, September 2013: user "Shadowkid" was exposed as a hoaxer. His entire online persona and stories of sexual abuse were fiction. We encourage you not to become emotionally concerned by anything you see in any of his posts. Thank you
MaleSurvivor

god created us for his pleasure? all this shit is a test? what kind of god would put a child through that ?

#76320 - 12/14/06 09:02 PM Re: Matthew 18 (the Millstone Parable)
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

adam, I remember seeing a very sick young boy being wheeled around in a chair, he must have been about 12yo, but you could see he was very ill.

God, took him out of his hurt and now he is dead.
I cried for him as he was a little fighter, but now he is free of his shackles and the many operations he had to endure.

Unfortunately children are brought into the world to not survive.
Do I blame God? No, of course not, for whatever reason God chose to take this child back into his fold.

You can be angry at him, curse him, but if you have lived a good life he will accept you.
Nobody can fool the supreme judge of life who will condemn those who hurt children for their own sick pleasure.

He holds the ultimate weapons of mass destruction in mother nature who can cast nations into famine and despair, but that is not Gods will, it is mans will when he seeks to destroy his own environment and that of others.

Its easy for us guys to say this, as we are decades older, and have lived through the similar experiences where we cursed God for not being there.

Many times, he has shown me that he is there, through my life.
Those who choose the mark of the beast are condemned for eternity, not just this life,

ste

#76321 - 12/15/06 03:21 AM Re: Matthew 18 (the Millstone Parable)
Nobbynobs Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Toronto
Quote:
Originally posted by phoster:
The scroll, the Bible was sweet when God opened to me and I ate it up. It is bitter in my stomach because for all I have been shown, I cannot change anything. No one wants to hear. That is frustrating beyond measure. I sit and watch the events unfold. I watch the new world order form. I wait for the deadly wound, and for Satan to appear and save the world. I wait to see him work wonders and call lightening down and cure people. I wait to see this world run after him thinking he is Christ. I will know better, but I will be powerless to stop any of it. I will watch those I love fall into his trap, and I will be unable to stop them. I watch the cares of the world wrack my brothers like you and others here. I know the answers, but I cannot give them to you. I know God, and I cannot open your heart to Him. That is my grief. I am a sure as the sun rising of all I know, because it came from God himself, but as sure as I am, I cannot give you one word of it. So I pray to God for you and for others, hoping a few might hear, or that perhaps another such as myself may be waiting for this. I pray and I watch. I watch and I wait. I watch all the suffering, all the confusion that aggravates me so. I watch the lost, and wish I could help them. That is my pain. The hardest thing for me is knowing, and not being able to share, because this is a spiritual war, and faith and love are not things you can give another. They start inside each person, and for all I know, I cannot put anything into anotherís heart.

You are in my prayers. I am faithful in time you will have your answers. I am faithful that all that can will be saved.
Phoster, I am not a believer in Armageddon, but I feel exactly the same way as you do about the pain of being Christian. Absolutely the worst thing about Christianity (and I suspect this is the same among true believers in any faith) is the sense you describe of being an outsider. Some days it's all I can do to keep from sinking into despair as I watch people make self-destructive choices, especially when you can see how close they are to the Light. Or days when I pray and I just don't feel the connection to God. It's not an easy path. Sometimes all you've got is your faith because there sure isn't anything else.

At times like these, I always try to reflect that Jesus himself, condemned by his community and abandoned by his friends, at the very point of death, had his moment of doubt in God's love when he was on the cross.

Matthew 27:46
46About the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eloi, Eloi,[a] lama sabachthani?"ówhich means, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

Yet despite this, God still accepted him into heaven and the centurions proclaimed him as the Son of God (also the only time in the Gospels where Jesus is proclaimed the Son of God.) God's love is infinite, and I think he cries along with us when we are frustrated and in despair.

- Mel Brooks

#76322 - 12/15/06 04:55 AM Re: Matthew 18 (the Millstone Parable)
shadowkid Offline
MaleSurvivor

there are gospels that are not being quoted here or in any church ,right? there are other explainations for all of this and they were written during the life of jesus,the bible is believed to have been agreed upon ,not written at least 40 years after jesus died .what about the Gnostic gospells? the gospell of thomas opens with the line'these are the secret words which the living jesus spoke,and which the twin judas thomas wrote down ,or the gospel of phillip that describes jesus's relationship with mary as an intimate one ,the common thread in all 52 of these gospels is that to know ones self ,at the deepest level was to know god by looking within oneself to find the sources of joy sorrow love hate .it took over 200 years for the new testament to be finished.the gnostic gospels were banned because the jesus they describe was just a roving wise man who preached a life of possesionless wandering and of wholehearted acceptence of fellow human beings ,hes not here to save us from sin and eternal damnation ,hes here to guide us to somekind of spiritual understanding ,and once a disciple reaches enlightenment the master is no longer needed ,the teacher and the student become equal .these gospels see jesus as a teacher ,they consider him a man ,someone you or me could emulate.but that didnt work for the church ,he couldnt just be a man ,he had to be more,he had to be the son of god.he had to be unique,because by being unique,the church becomes unique,the only path to salvation .by making jesus the son of god the church could then say if your not with us your doomed to eternal damnation.none of what ended up in the bible was part of what the imediate followers of jesuse believed in. where would the curch be if jesus was just a man ,and what if god is not some guy up in wherever people think heaven is ,what if god is us ,men ,oridanry men we have the power to do good or evil or nothing . without jesus and god people dont need the church and lets face it ,the church has been running the show for a long time ,religon is the biggest bussiness going .where would the priests go to troll for kids? what you guys are talking about started out as a good thing ,but it went to hell somewhere along the way ,and of course if you have god you got to have satan right? heh they could have just as easy made satan a circus clown and people would still believe it . maybe people are not getting all the facts?

#76323 - 12/15/06 05:18 AM Re: Matthew 18 (the Millstone Parable)
Nobbynobs Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Toronto
Wow Adam, there's a lot in there.

For me a "Gospel" is anyone's testament to their experience of Jesus. The "official" gospels in the Bible are exactly as you say, they were written years after Jesus died. It is very likely that none of the original 12 Apostles could even read, let alone write, so they passed the story of Jesus along by word of mouth, and it wasn't until much later that Hebrew and Greek scholars began to write everything down. The four gospels of the Bible, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, are the 4 that these scholars "Believed" to be the closest to the truth. The other gospels may be equally true, but at the time, they were not available to the authors of the Bible. They worked with what they had.

As to the role of Jesus as the son of God; well that is just one interpretation of his role. There are Jews who believe he is the Messiah. The Muslims think he was a prophet similar to Moses or Isiah. I guess what I am saying is that Jesus is what you want him to be. If for you he is a simple teacher of men, then that is what he is for you.

The thing to keep in mind is that all paths lead to God. I have chosen the path of "Trinitarian" Christianity (I believe in the Holy Trinity) , because I think it is the right faith for me. Part of that acceptance means that I express a lot of my ideas as a Trinitarian. Other faiths, such as the Coptics, don't believe in the divinity of Christ or the Holy Spirit, and they focus on God. I guess what I am trying to say is, choose your own path, and walk on it.

All that guys like me and Phoster and Ste are trying to do is help you along the way. Because all three of us have chosen Christianity, we are sticking to what we know best. I know that this sometimes makes us hard to take, and I know that Christianity can come across as being pretty harsh. And in a lot of ways, Christianity _is_ harsh, and I know that I have been guilty of pushing the message too hard. But it is the path we have chosen to follow and we are trying to help other people along their way.

Finally, I think it is very cool that you are exploring this with us. Even if you do not choose Christianity, you should know that you have been really helping me understand my own faith. I only hope that we are helping you understand yours.

Take care,

Nobby

- Mel Brooks

#76324 - 12/15/06 05:34 AM Re: Matthew 18 (the Millstone Parable)
shadowkid Offline
MaleSurvivor

heh and sometimes i fight too hard myself you know whats great about this thread ? its been a long one and to be honest i have felt just about every emotion while its been running ,at times it might have looked like we were all bitter enemies ,but it came out so cool ,all of us trying to understand not being mad but listening to each other and yes it is helping me . its helped me understand a lot about people ,myself included . this thread started out being about god ,but it ended up being about people ,people who will speak out about what they believe ,people helping people ,people putting emotions aside and finding respect for each other .thaks guys i learned a lot adam

#76325 - 12/15/06 11:39 AM Re: Matthew 18 (the Millstone Parable)
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

"Do unto others as thy would have done to thyself".

We have doctors whose job it is to save kids lives, they cry to God when they lose one, and there are many good ppl like those all around.

Then we have the evil angry man who is bloodlust and will kill an innocent child for his own lust, or whatever else it takes.

There is the more evil man who uses his guile to persuade adults he is pure and Godly who will prey on their children openly and without fear of consequence.

Getting back to the Bible, yes, there are many other written testaments and the book is only a small sample of his life, and the rest could be seen as gossip by followers of the church.

But no, if somebody lays testament it should be looked at by experts and seen as further evidence of what he was about.

The vatican holds most of the clues but they will not divulge a lot of it to the public.
I have divorced myself from church, but it is only a building.

My church is within me, and nothing can pursuade me to go back.
Yes, there are indeed dark powers on earth, they always have been there, and I could mention some of them.

None of us are preaching, it is a good thread,

ste

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.