Newest Members
mojo, James M, FredM88, Vermona, Jas52
12111 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
-Matt- (39), kevin1963 (51), Northwoods (61), rcb0973 (58), sportinrucks (29)
Who's Online
7 registered (Cam76, lapchinj, 5 invisible), 57 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12111 Members
73 Forums
62495 Topics
438031 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#76306 - 12/13/06 07:11 PM Re: Matthew 18 (the Millstone Parable)
phoster Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ohio
see you miss the point. you can't do whatever you want. repentance requires a change of heart. someone that would lightheartedly bow down is only giving lip service, and they havent repented. thier sin is still there. until they change inside they havent gotten forgiveness. you can't do whatever you want and go to church on sunday and blow it off. it doesnt work that way. there has to be a change of heart, and one name used for God's name in greek translates to cardio knower, heart knower. He knows what is in our heart. You cannot give Him lip service and be saved. You will be turned to ashes from within.

also, having the stain of your sin washed away doesnt mean anyone forgets. we remember so that we can learn and grow. the memories are still there, but we are no longer spiritually accountable for a sin we have truly repented of.

#76307 - 12/13/06 07:24 PM Re: Matthew 18 (the Millstone Parable)
shadowkid Offline
WARNING from ModTeam, September 2013: user "Shadowkid" was exposed as a hoaxer. His entire online persona and stories of sexual abuse were fiction. We encourage you not to become emotionally concerned by anything you see in any of his posts. Thank you
MaleSurvivor

then why!hasnt my perp been turned into ashes? how can saying well 50 years from now if im right about this whole god thing my perp is gonna be in big trouble be seen as justice? and how do you know your right!!?faith? heh yeah i used to have faith ,but i didnt have to wait till i died to find out it was a lie,its like this is one of those discussions where neither side can give in ,i can give a thousand examples of times when god has done nothing ,give me one where he has done something?and please dont say well your alive arent you,thats something thats up for debate also.if some people think our discussions on this become shouting matches or that we get angry im sorry ,for me i take part not to just rag on god or those who believe ,but to try to find answers to questions that are important to me ,you see i really do wish i could be as sure as you guys are ,i want to believe maybe more than most . i want to go to heaven when i die ,but i also beleived in the tooth fairy and santa claus.i dont know maybe im just outgrowing the fairy tales we are all told to keep us in line

#76308 - 12/13/06 07:40 PM Re: Matthew 18 (the Millstone Parable)
phoster Offline
MaleSurvivor

he isnt ashes because he hasnt been judged. judgement doesnt happen until God returns. in that instant all evil will melt away, and those that overcome will enjoy a new heaven and a new earth.

how do i know i am right, because God has given me eyes to see and ears that hear. i know because it is written. an example? Christ is an example. You dont have to turn to the Bible for Christ, check history He walked. An example? how many things of the Bible must be unearthed by science to prove it isnt a fairy tale, and how do you prove to those that cannot believe?

hundreds of years before Christ, it was written how He would die, what he would teach from the cross, even that they would be at his feet gambling for his clothes. the psalms testifying that very thing were written for a fact hundreds of years before it happened. do you think men can do this? No, the word was penned by men, but every letter is where it is by God's hand, not men.

when one has been hurt such as you have, do you see that your perp has driven you from God? he has caused your doubt, but you have a place in this as well. you have a choice to make, do you follow God or Satan? all follow one or belong to the other by default.

Christ speaks of the parable of the sewer. here is a seed in what i say, will it fall on rocky ground? is your heart so hard that there is no hope of it growing? if it does sprout, is your anger and hate so powerful that it will choke it out? is your depression so strong that the roots cannot take, and the seed perishes for lack of a root?

in the end, as a called vessle of God, i have a duty to witness to you, and to say what i know. just as true you alone are accountable for your life, and you alone must chose how you will live. how do you know, you read the love letter He sent you, and pray for wisdom. He will show you the rest.

#76309 - 12/13/06 08:48 PM Re: Matthew 18 (the Millstone Parable)
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
The parable of the little ones is tricky for me, as a catholic boy, it scared me half to death.
adam cant understand because he cannot see the options available.

God just wants us to be good ppl to each other, and not hurt little kids, no big deal, why? Hurt a small child is beyond most ppl.

I live a humble life, and it pays off, because I got most things I need to live, and nature supplies the beauty.

I dont go to church, but that does not mean I am not close to God.
Anger of the past is still with me, but largely I can live without it affecting me now.

God has ways of repaying us on earth, I have met that on many occasions,

ste

#76310 - 12/13/06 08:54 PM Re: Matthew 18 (the Millstone Parable)
phoster Offline
MaleSurvivor

wherever men gather in the name of God, that is where church is. it isnt some building. knowing the rapture is a false doctrine, and know the things i know, i cannot find a building to attend. i wish i could, but i cannot. i dont think a person has to go to a building to have God in them.

#76311 - 12/13/06 09:38 PM Re: Matthew 18 (the Millstone Parable)
shadowkid Offline
WARNING from ModTeam, September 2013: user "Shadowkid" was exposed as a hoaxer. His entire online persona and stories of sexual abuse were fiction. We encourage you not to become emotionally concerned by anything you see in any of his posts. Thank you
MaleSurvivor

i been waiting all my life for god to come im tired of waiting ,if i dont believe in god i belong to satan? no dont believe that but that is an example of the threats religon uses to keep you in line!!!its perfect!BELIEVE WHAT I SAY OR ELSE?whats up with that?why do you feel sorry for me like im just lost with no chance?its legalized abuse!!!my perp said the same things to me that religon demands from you!!obey or else!yeah that was a rule,give me your mind body and soul yeah he said that ,you no longer belong to you now you belong to me ,said that,do exactly as i say or you will pay in the end ,believe everything i say even if it hurts you ,live your life for me not for yourself,i have a book ,yeah me ,its called a purpose driven life ,surprised? well im sure some of you have read it ,reading that book scared the crap out of me cause my abuser could have written it ,at least the parts about how we can serve god . when you quote from the bible as an answer it means nothing to me ,i dont understand the language ,it dont make sense to me but maybe its supposed to be that way.if you would wait for god to give you justice ,will you ever know if you got it? faith?faith dont pay the bills as they say ,i dont think that when they die they will be punished ,and even if they are how will that help me or you? faith wont stop my nightmares ,faith wont make me whole again ,WHYshould i believe that god will help me or punish anybody?i believed with the heart of a child and no one can convince me that god cared what happened to me,that god was there with me?!how can it be ok to believe that this sick animal is gonna be allowed to go right on destroying gods children ,real children because he will pay in the end! does that make sense to you ?what about the perps that dont get caught and have hundreds of victims ? i dont sleep better at night thinking oh well gods gonna get them in the end !you want me to believe there is a god ?ok i believe he exists ,but he does nothing and you can explain that ten ways to hell and back but its not gonna make sense,is it?if hes there its his back that your worshiping,.maybe hes too busy thinkig up ways to punish perps when they finally stop abusing and die,i guess all the shattered lives along the way are what they call colatteral damage,the end justifies the means.i wont follow anybody by default,not my perp not god not satan .

#76312 - 12/13/06 09:56 PM Re: Matthew 18 (the Millstone Parable)
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

adam, ppl use God as an excuse to do satanic things, all manner of ppl do it.
God gave me the power to remember myself from 4-10yo, the rest is broken.

I know me as the same ten yo, frightened and scared but still a child of God.

God was with you when you saved the coon, he was with you when you did loads of good stuff with the kids etc.

If an abuser says it is Gods wish then he better start repenting because he is going into the fire for all eternity,

ste

#76313 - 12/13/06 10:12 PM Re: Matthew 18 (the Millstone Parable)
shadowkid Offline
MaleSurvivor

he didnt tell me he was god ,for me he was god.when he had his hands around my neck he held the power of life or death over me.thats as close to god as i ever got

#76314 - 12/13/06 10:24 PM Re: Matthew 18 (the Millstone Parable)
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Close as Satan got you mean,
God doesnt kill kids ppl do,

ste

#76315 - 12/14/06 12:50 AM Re: Matthew 18 (the Millstone Parable)
Nobbynobs Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Toronto
Quote:
Originally posted by phoster:
wherever men gather in the name of God, that is where church is. it isnt some building.
I sort of agree, although the old word for the church, corpus christi explains what the Church really is. It is the body of Christ, represented on earth by those people who have chosen to follow his path. Therefore for me the Church is where ever I happen to be.

Quote:
,for me i take part not to just rag on god or those who believe ,but to try to find answers to questions that are important to me ,you see i really do wish i could be as sure as you guys are ,i want to believe maybe more than most . i want to go to heaven when i die ,but i also beleived in the tooth fairy and santa claus.i dont know maybe im just outgrowing the fairy tales we are all told to keep us in line.
Adam, if this is true then I have a message for you. Phoster, and Ste, and I, along with the other people at Malesurvivor who have found spiritual peace, want nothing more in this world for you to find this peace as well.

We are trying very hard to show you the path, but we are coming up hard against your pain and anger. This is not a bad thing. We have all been terribly hurt, and it is extremely difficult to get through that kind of pain.

And we are not trying to convert or condemn you either. God is very clear about conversion. He encourages us to help others along the path, not tell them where they should be going. And condemnation is just judgement, which is sinful.

All I can say is let's keep talking.

---------------------

So back to the Parable of the Children. (I like this name better)

Phoster, you said,

"to begin we must become humble. if we are proud in ourselves or in things we will not have salvation. we must humble ourselves to His will, and stop living for our own."

Phoster, I read that this morning, and it has taken me down a very strange road. Here are my thoughts, hope they make sense to you:

Humility is often one of the most unpleasant lessons from God. Personally I can say that I have not enjoyed God's lessons on humility one bit, even though I have needed them.

That said, lately I have been drawing on my abuse as a source of humility. By this I mean that at times when I feel my pride getting out of control, I will say to myself, "you have been brought low before."

I often wonder at the source of this. I don't feel any shame over my abuse, and I am certainly not a self-destructive person.

Personally, I don't think God was behind my abuse, and he certainly wasn't acting in my perp. However, I think he has definitely played a role in my understanding of the assault and its place within my life. Pride is a very difficult thing to maintain when you have been beaten and raped and I am wondering what lesson God has been trying to teach me with these lessons.

In the Parable, Jesus speaks of those who lead children into sin, and I believe that perps do this by tearing away childrens' hopes. By killing childrens' hopes, the perps are putting those children at risk of falling. However, God works in mysterious ways, and sometimes his gifts are not always readily apparent. When I forgave my perp, I felt freed from my abuse and the negative feelings I associated with it. Now, I find myself turning to my abuse as a source of strength.

- Mel Brooks

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, SamV 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.