This is my story as I know how to tell it; straight forward in detail with SA, PA and “triggers” that was your warning so bail out now if you want…………

My father was always the enforcer if I got into trouble when I was little I would get beat by my Mom (the woman who broke a wooden spoon on me and for a long time swears it didn’t happened) then the “wait till your father gets home” was even worse; It always came before dinner; he would arrive and for-what-ever I might have done he would then get his turn beating me; then it was dinner time; god for bid I came to dinner with a tear in my eye or even look like I was crying cause the beating I would get for crying seemed to be even worse; so at a very young age I learned to hide my feelings and not tell or talk to people about the things that hurt me. My fathers beatings went on till I was in my early teens when we were playing and I was getting stronger and was starting to beat him in wrestling when his South Philly fighting kicked in and he pulled my hair and bite me on the side; I jumped up, punched him in the chest and broke several of his ribs, our relationship changed forever; I was no longer afraid of him and he never laid a hand on me again.