Newest Members
Francis Xavier, JLB, MrsC, wraphd, blufish
12438 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carperson (26), Daryoush (59), Gary31 (48), Overburdened78 (33), scaredcrappie (29), ThomasO (63), Wornoutsoul (38), WRR (34), zakwilde005 (45)
Who's Online
3 registered (Ken Singer, LCSW, Jacob S, 1 invisible), 14 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12438 Members
74 Forums
63854 Topics
445856 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#76039 - 03/08/04 09:29 PM a bit about my past...
irishguy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Dublin, Ireland
Hey,
i decided i would like to share a bit of my past with the rest of you guys. i dont want to go into detail about my abuse right now.so i will just give a basic de>

#76040 - 03/09/04 09:02 AM Re: a bit about my past...
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
You said:

Quote:
i see him and i am still afraid, i feel the fear i felt when i was kid when he would put his hands on me, i hear the things he said to me over and over in my head,i remember the smell,and most of all i remember how weak and empty i felt....
That is a normal reaction. Because it triggers the child in you and that child was terrified. I had to look at the past and recognize I could not change the facts on the beliefs and emotions I maintained about those facts. IT WAS NOT MY FAULT. THEY STOLE FROM ME THAT WHICH WAS MY RIGHT. THEY ARE TOTALLY TO BLAME AND I HATE THEM FOR WHAT THEY HAVE DONE AND BY THEIR ACTIONS CONTINUE TO DO. I AM IN CONTROL NOW. THEY ARE NOT. I AM NOT POWERLESS.

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.