Newest Members
JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman, SiegmundNYC
12490 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
kb8715 (114), rom2057 (57), terrapin (51)
Who's Online
3 registered (Seekingwisdom, 2 invisible), 21 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12490 Members
74 Forums
64158 Topics
447680 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#75818 - 02/07/03 12:32 AM who sings this one, me or her?
orodo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Imladris, The Safe Haven of Ar...
Lynn Anderson - Rose Garden

I beg your pardon
I never promised you a rose garden
Along with the sunshine
There's gotta be a little rain some time
When you take you gotta give so live and let live
Or let go oh-whoa-whoa-whoa
I beg your pardon

I could promise you things like big diamond rings
But you don't find roses growin' on stalks of clover
So you better think it over
Well if sweet-talkin' you could make it come true
I would give you the world right now on a silver platter
But what would it matter
So smile for a while and let's be jolly
Love shouldn't be so melancholy
Come along and share the good times while we can

I beg your pardon
Along with the sunshine

I beg your pardon

I could sing you a tune and promise you the moon
But if that's what it takes to hold you
I'd just as soon let you go
But there's one thing I want you to know
You better look before you leap, still waters run deep
And there won't always be someone there to pull you out
And you know what I'm talkin' about
So smile for a while and let's be jolly
Love shouldn't be so melancholy
Come along and share the good times while we can

I beg your pardon
FADE
Along with the sunshine

It is better to be Dragon Master than Dragon Slayer. Some Dragons are meant to be mastered, others meant to be slain. Odin, Great Spirit, God, grant me the wisdom to know the difference. "May the Valar guide and bless you on your path under the sky"

#75819 - 02/07/03 01:54 PM Re: who sings this one, me or her?
Chey-Wy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Cheyenne, WY
Orodo,

I have always liked that song. Probably because of my name on Yahoo. I have a garden with 50 hybrid Tea roses in it. It is beautiful in the summer. I have won SUPERIOR (purple ribbons) at the county fair for my roses.

I do want to say something though about a rose garden. People only see the beauty of it. They don't see all the work that is involved in it. I have a rigerous schedule that I keep durring the growing season. Fertilizing the first week of the month, Spraying for pest the second week, Weeding the thirid week of the month, pruning the fourth week of the month. It is never ending.

I had never thought of it before .... but a SUCCESSFUL relationship is a lot like a rose garden. It takes LOTS of work to make it beautiful. It doesn't just happen. Your relationship with your wife will take a lot of work. YOU BOTH need to tend to the garden. Weed it. Water it. Fertilize it. If you do ..... it will grow.

This song reminds me of another song of that is a favorite mine. Bette Middler's .... The Rose.

http://www.malesurvivor.org/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=7&t=000318

Take care Orodo.

John

Yeah, the good Lord gave us mountains,
So we could learn how to climb

#75820 - 02/07/03 02:32 PM Re: who sings this one, me or her?
Wifey1 Offline

John,
I too have a rose garden, tho I have never entered into any garden clubs... I recieve a new rose each year for my birthday... am eagerly looking forward to #42 soon...
I love the Peace rose, she's my favorite but I love the Peace of my garden -- they do take a lot of work, but it is rewarding work. Not just because of the "sweet smell of a blooming success" - rather it is the meditation that helps to heal me. Aiding in the Creation of beautiful life that can be shared by so many, a way to care for a thorny soul... I can grow there amidst the red & green stems, surrounded by the anxious awaiting of a new birth of a bloom -- to the process of full blossoming. I let the Petals fall, and even if so moved pluck them on occassion to spread across the green lawn... as I feed them and protect them and go on to share them, I heal myself and give back to my creator a Gift sent to me... knowing also that as on the outside they appear to die, deep underneath roots keep them alive even during the coldest of winters.
Often I have been found late at night & into wee hours of the morning tending my roses, and have taken in the sights of the heavens above me as I laid down amongst those thorny stems.... amidst my lawn is a straggly growth, a rogue bush. Not planted in its place by purpose -- growing all upon its own, striking out against the green and the confines of rows and mulch. It grows alone spindly and weak, has been accidently mown over a few times -- but she keeps coming back in spite of her trials against the normals of a garden.... perhaps she is more me? Still unable to grow to her full self, remaining a child against the mature cared for roses, defiant in trying to grow up -- just needing more care?
When I die, my ashes will be spread into my rose garden. If per chance I am lucky enough I will pass on amongst them... and maybe just maybe my Blue rose will actually turn blue for a season \:\)
Wifey1

#75821 - 02/08/03 03:58 PM Re: who sings this one, me or her?
MrEdd Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Texas
Trigger, Trigger, Trigger.

Bad song. Bad time. I Oh ...

#75822 - 02/08/03 07:05 PM Re: who sings this one, me or her?
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Hang in there Mr Edd.......

Dave

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.