Newest Members
rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous, Drew6991x
12367 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
bluesky (44), Brother B+ (48), emal7717 (53), estuardo (52), kwf777 (56), LeeAnne (30), mapleleafsn (52), otherside (61), ronnie (59), Scott1962 (52), thrive-n-survive (42), tom3065 (36)
Who's Online
3 registered (Obi, 2 invisible), 15 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12367 Members
74 Forums
63562 Topics
444093 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#75656 - 09/02/06 11:40 PM Books and reccomendations...
BT Offline

Loc: Chicago IL
We have finally updated our bookstore and one of the nice features is the first page which will feature 9 featured products.

This would be anything that amazon.com sells, which is about everything...lol..

I can change these around all the time and I would like to keep them changing with books, movies, etc...that people find good and helpful.

I have asked from input from several of our professional members, some authors we have as members, etc...

And IMO most importantly I want to ask other survivors for input. so email me at brent.turpin@okfb.com with your reccomendations as to what you believe we should feature.

Thanks a bunch...
brent

#75657 - 09/03/06 12:41 AM Re: Books and reccomendations...
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Brent,

I just looked at the bookstore page and on my PC the right-hand third of the page seems to be cropped off. Don't know if that's this PC (I am not at home right now) or a problem with the page on our site.

One thing I notice is that the category of "Books Survivors Read" has very few subsections to search for. Would it be possible to rename that to "Books on Sexual Abuse" and add further sections? Two I think should be added are these:

1. books for partners, friends and family
2. books for teen survivors

I think both of these categories are quite important, and over the past year we have seen a dramatic increase in participation in both categories. I don't think it's useful to just refer a partner or an abused teen to Mike Lew, for example, though his book is a wonderful resource. There ARE books out there for partners, and some of our partners have listed them for us. There are also books that speak directly to teens (Lew definitely doesn't), and surely we should include some of those as well. I put a preliminary list into a post on this forum a day or two ago.

I'm sure other categories could be added, but these two are the ones that occur to me for the moment.

Thanks,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.