Newest Members
0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady
12502 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
fakir (71), HelpMeHelpHim32 (41), motherstars (65)
Who's Online
6 registered (Shyshark, Garf, GT13568, 3 invisible), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12502 Members
74 Forums
64191 Topics
447939 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#75333 - 03/30/06 02:05 AM forty six and two by tool (READ THIS!!! REALLY GOOD!!!)
kuurt Offline

Loc: louisiana
the lyrics of this song are really awesome. they are all about being stuck in a really bad and desperate place but wanting so bad to change and get better. i want this song to always remind me that choosing to live through all shit is something i have to do instead of just giving up.

My shadow's

Shedding skin and
I've been picking
Scabs again.
I'm down
Digging through
My old muscles
Looking for a clue.

I've been crawling on my belly
Clearing out what could've been.
I've been wallowing in my own confused
And insecure delusions
For a piece to cross me over
Or a word to guide me in.
I wanna feel the changes coming down.
I wanna know what I've been hiding in

My shadow.
Change is coming through my shadow.
My shadow's shedding skin
I've been picking
My scabs again.

I've been crawling on my belly
Clearing out what could've been.
I've been wallowing in my own chaotic
And insecure delusions.

I wanna feel the change consume me,
Feel the outside turning in.
I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
Cleansing I've endured within

My shadow
Change is coming.
Now is my time.
Listen to my muscle memory.
Contemplate what I've been clinging to.
Forty-six and two ahead of me.

I choose to live and to
Grow, take and give and to
Move, learn and love and to
Cry, kill and die and to
Be paranoid and to
Lie, hate and fear and to
Do what it takes to move through.

I choose to live and to
Lie, kill and give and to
Die, learn and love and to
Do what it takes to step through.

See my shadow changing,
Stretching up and over me.
Soften this old armor.
Hoping I can clear the way
By stepping through my shadow,
Coming out the other side.
Step into the shadow.
Forty six and two are just ahead of me.

#75334 - 03/30/06 03:12 AM Re: forty six and two by tool (READ THIS!!! REALLY GOOD!!!)
shadowkid Offline
WARNING from ModTeam, September 2013: user "Shadowkid" was exposed as a hoaxer. His entire online persona and stories of sexual abuse were fiction. We encourage you not to become emotionally concerned by anything you see in any of his posts. Thank you
MaleSurvivor

kuurt,hey thats cool ,i like the part about shadow changing ,shadow

#75335 - 03/30/06 08:27 AM Re: forty six and two by tool (READ THIS!!! REALLY GOOD!!!)
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Kurt,

I especially like the verse where they talk about choosing to live and grow. They also speak about how this choice isn't an easy one. But it IS the crucial choice that lies before you now Kurt. I think you are on the right path.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#75336 - 03/31/06 06:50 AM Re: forty six and two by tool (READ THIS!!! REALLY GOOD!!!)
Christopher H Offline

Kuurt

Thats cool. I like that.

Chris

#75337 - 04/21/06 05:18 AM Re: forty six and two by tool (READ THIS!!! REALLY GOOD!!!)
cpt. confusion Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: midwest
kuurt... I'm dated in my response to this post, but THank you for posting it!!

i have been a Tool fan for a while now, and maynard's (lead singer) lyrics are absolutely incredible. Both the work that he has done with Toll and A Perfect Circle just hits home very much with me... I identify with so much of his work i honestly and truely feel that he is a survivor of something in his own right as well. I actually came here tongiht to post another Tool song, which i still will after this, hope you read and enjoy.

and btw, I'm lokoing very much forward to the new album that drops May 2nd!!

*WoR Alum
Sequoia I-March '11
Alta II, September '11

#75338 - 04/21/06 09:34 AM Re: forty six and two by tool (READ THIS!!! REALLY GOOD!!!)
kuurt Offline

cool. we are both obviously fans of maynard, tool, and a perfect circle. i am looking forward to the new album too! i know it will be awesome.

#75339 - 04/24/06 07:56 PM Re: forty six and two by tool (READ THIS!!! REALLY GOOD!!!)
noloveinfear Offline

Loc: US
I love Tool! (if youcan't tell from the name which is a quote from the song Push-it) A Perfect Circle is great as well. Maynard is amazing in whatever he does. Thier music has really helped me deal with things especially on an emotional level. There are several songs like prison sex, H., 46+2, Jimmy, the Grunge, and many others that I can really relate to. The new album is awesome (couldn't resist listening to the leak before I buy the album May 2nd). Seeing them live is quite an experiance. Highly recommended. Always good see fellow Tool fans around!

#75340 - 04/25/06 05:42 AM Re: forty six and two by tool (READ THIS!!! REALLY GOOD!!!)
cpt. confusion Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: midwest
noloveinfear, how did you get ahold of the new album? i didnt know there was a leak out there! I've heard the new song vicarious, but nothing else yet. although when a new album comes out i do enjoy picking it up and listening from start to finish.

other thing I wanted to post as well is a resounding agreement on seeing tool live. I absolutely love live music, and going to concerts, but seeing both tool and a perfect circle was unlike any other show I've ever seen. the stage presence is amazing... maynard is simply incredible. the best show i've ever been to in my life so far was seeing Tool play at Red Rocks just outside of denver, CO. imagine a natural amphitheater carved into some of the most beautiful mountains you can imagine. add in an old timer opening band in king crimson, and you have yourself a truely INCREDIBLE evening. not sure if I'll ever top that. ok, i just had to add that in. maybe we can share concert stories sometime! till then, peace........

-cpt.

*WoR Alum
Sequoia I-March '11
Alta II, September '11

#75341 - 04/25/06 08:23 AM Re: forty six and two by tool (READ THIS!!! REALLY GOOD!!!)
kuurt Offline

noloveinfear, yeah, i recognise your name from push it! i have never seen tool live but i have seen a perfect circle live twice...once when they opened up for nin, and then once when the burning brides opened up for them. both times...amaizing. maynard is awesome with his shadow-ey presence on stage. i hope i get to see tool live...i don't know if they will come to new orleans but i hope!

#75342 - 04/26/06 09:01 PM Re: forty six and two by tool (READ THIS!!! REALLY GOOD!!!)
noloveinfear Offline

Loc: US
cpt. confusion, I can only imagine what seeing them at Red Rocks would have been like. I'm glad you had the experiance. I've been lucky to see them three times during the Lateralus tour, and I saw perfect circle once as well. All were amazing experiances especially the first time. Words cannot describe. I am going to see them in KC on May 11 which I am totally pumped about. I was lucky to get tickets cause they sold out so fast. The album leaked last week, but I am really looking foward to having the album because the sound quality will be better and the art (which is stereoscopic 3D) will be awesome.

Peace

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.