Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
biggbill70 (44), CP4 (24), EddieMi (46), EddieT (46), hemi1024 (54), Kage (70), kdj_74 (40), Knightswhitehart (49), otlhouston (47), TX_Space (47), VirtualBman (50)
Who's Online
7 registered (Going forward, Rich1967, 4 invisible), 29 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63794 Topics
445494 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#74925 - 04/27/02 12:21 AM Cream's In the White Room
Anonymous
Unregistered

Cream
Title: White Room by Jack Bruce And Pete

In the white room with black curtains near the station.
Blackroof country, no gold pavements, tired starlings.
Silver horses ran down moonbeams in your dark eyes.
Dawnlight smiles on you leaving, my contentment.

I'll wait in this place where the sun never shines;
Wait in this place where the shadows run from themselves.

You said no strings could secure you at the station.
Platform ticket, restless diesels, goodbye windows.
I walked into such a sad time at the station.
As I walked out, felt my own need just beginning.

I'll wait in the queue when the trains come back;
Lie with you where the shadows run from themselves.

At the party she was kindness in the hard crowd.
Consolation for the old wound now forgotten.
Yellow tigers crouched in jungles in her dark eyes.
She's just dressing, goodbye windows, tired starlings.

I'll sleep in this place with the lonely crowd;
Lie in the dark where the shadows run from themselves.

#74926 - 05/20/02 07:18 PM Re: Cream's In the White Room
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
When I was at boarding school I had a tiny transistor radio, which we weren't allowed, and I listened to a pirate radio station Radio Luxembourg" that was all the rage in the early 60's. Late at night I hid the radio under my pillow and listened to a DJ called Jimmy Saville who had a "Under the bedclothes" special just for boys like me.
One night my horrible little world lit up when he played White Room.
40 years later it still lights up my world.
A masterpiece.
Lloydy \:D

#74927 - 05/25/02 11:53 PM Re: Cream's In the White Room
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Lloydy. I listened to Knights in white satin. From a cheap AM radio several feet beyond my reach out there beyond the steel bars of my cellblock. I was in the old San Bernardino Jail,busted for drugs,early 70s. I had swallowed a handfull of reds (seconal) and driven off the highway leaving San Berdoo leading to Barstow. I think it was highway #15. I wanted to die. Did'nt,though.
Ended up in a hellhole. I asked my fellow prisoners if anyone had a razor blade so I coul cut my wrists. A blade was produced. I walked down the cellblock to the single shower-stall. It stunk to beat hell,floor covered with skittering cockroaches. The other guys egged me on. Life's boring in there. Just as I put blade to wrist I heard Knights in white satin coming thru the radio. I stopped,listened to the song trying to make it out beyond the din of that constant noise one's subjected to in such an environment. "Somewhere out there" I thought "There are good things. People living normally. Maybe if I can survive this Place,just maybe there's a better future". This from at home my mother pressuring me for sex. I honestly believed I should'nt be here. That I was concieved behind God's back. A foulness. An accident. A Thing that should never have been. I owe one to the Brits who sang that song. Whoever sang it,they stopped the blade.

#74928 - 05/26/02 07:17 PM Re: Cream's In the White Room
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Tinfoil
It was the "Moody Blues" written and sung by John Lodge, one of my local bands that we used to go and see when they played back rooms in pubs.
Isn't music a truly wonderful release ?
Lloydy

#74929 - 05/27/02 07:17 PM Re: Cream's In the White Room
Anonymous
Unregistered

It saved me from an ugly senseless death that day,Lloydy. That's for sure. By the way I ended up doing 270 days in San Berdoo's Glen Helen Rehabilitation Center. The Warden appointed me Librarian of max security lockup. They'd lock me in a room with thousands of books for nine months? I would've paid money to be there. I loved it!

#74930 - 05/27/02 08:03 PM Re: Cream's In the White Room
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Tinfoil
I've done the tourist thing from LA through San B', Barstow and on to the deserts. But I didn't try the Hunter Thompson method of driving the Shark while stoned. It was a rental Dodge Shadow convertible...... the second most hateful car on the planet.
Shame really, 'cause that part of California, and that car needs drugs !
Lloydy
;\)

#74931 - 05/27/02 08:26 PM Re: Cream's In the White Room
Anonymous
Unregistered

This is embarrassing Lloydy but I drove a 50s Opel Kadet stationwagon when I was busted in Berdoo. By the way there's a really good truck stop on highway #15 up there near Apple Valley on the way to Barstow. I was in the Orange County Jail once (550 N. Main,Santa Ana) with the son of the owner sharing a cell. The little bastard was a first class fuckup. His parents had the first microwave oven in the whole area. He stuck a big toad in there,nuked it till it blew up. Then he robbed his dad's safe while he was living in a trailer behind his dad's truck stop restaurant. Not long after that I shared an OC jail cell with the son of the Irvine family. The little prick got off on using his family name to get girls in his car. Then he raped them. I thought "Oh my gawd I'm locked up here in this little room with toad blower-uppers & spoiled-ass white boy rapists". This was not good.

#74932 - 05/28/02 01:32 PM Re: Cream's In the White Room
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Tinfoil
Isn't the I****e oil company a Candian outfit ? I seem to remember being at my brothers in Nova Scotia and him telling me about the family, generations of interbreeding I seem to remember.
I've always managed to escape jail, just, but they do say you meet a better class of person there.
Lloydy

#74933 - 05/28/02 11:37 PM Re: Cream's In the White Room
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Lloydy. I spent my childhood seated on the laps of family members who for decades now have streets named after them here in Orange County,California. I remember old lady Moulton most of all up there in Laguna Beach,early 1950s. I think there's 'Moulton Parkway' named after her now. The Moultons and the Irvines go back to the Spanish Land Grants. My penurious grandfather James Kirk Hermon,President of the Bank of Santa Ana during the 1930s and major land owner/rancher always said "Mix money with money" and tried his damn best to seduce old lady Moulton. The old broad was'nt born yesterday. I don't know HOW many times he made me sit on her lap. It was said of grandpa that his day was'nt made unless he foreclosed on a widow with two broken legs. Before he croaked in 1954 he took me aside and told me "Never trust banks". Then he pulled out his solid gold watch. Tinfoil asked him "When you die,can I have your watch?". It's late May 2002 now. I've got his watch that was made in the 1800s. It's a beaut. JK'd be proud. Tinfoil's a survivor.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.