Newest Members
dspwilson, Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated
12384 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alan Fountain (52), blindpet (31), egoror (49), Midas (33), uwa (78)
Who's Online
5 registered (woodenshoes, dan_in_newengland, 3 invisible), 41 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12384 Members
74 Forums
63653 Topics
444536 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#74501 - 02/23/03 10:58 PM Clenching
Wuamei Offline

Loc: The left turn I should have ta...
"Sometimes people who are angry clench their fists or teeth. The child "taken" by an older, stronger, more powerful person could neither escape nor fight, suffering fear and humiliation."

"Years have gone by and still we clench. During the day our clenching can show itself in how we may hang onto money, people, possessions, and opinions, or in the opposite--not being able to 'catch hold' of anything."

"We need to give the child within a safe and caring environment in which to relearn these processes of holding on and letting go without threat of betrayal and humiliation. By soaking in such supportive, sustaining, challenging love on a daily basis, we gradually give ourselves permission to let go fo the need to stiffen and clench."

--from "Suviving with Serenity: Daily Meditations for Incest Survivors" by T. Thomas.

In recommending this book, I thot this recent excerpt would be a good one to share in light of all the recent discussion concerning the inner child within us.

This book can be purchased used and inexpensively thru Male Survivor bookstore at Amazon.com; this will give 5% of sale proceeds to MS and give you a great book of daily meditations.

Victor

#74502 - 02/24/03 08:59 AM Re: Clenching
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
Thanks for that info Victor. I am gonna order it now. Personally I think that the little person inside us all is the most important piece of the puzzle that we have and the strongest reason for us to move towards freedom. We all have so much life to share with him

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

#74503 - 02/24/03 10:15 AM Re: Clenching
guy43 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minnesota
Thanks Victor, it's to the point, says it all.
jer

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.