Newest Members
Xr2, clt, Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung
12371 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
drivejoepublic (44), eagle299 (43), H18 (21), JJJ (43), mariposaman (63), SevenTwoTwo76 (39), TexAgMan (37), waiter (44), wgwarch (55)
Who's Online
5 registered (irishguy, lapchinj, 3 invisible), 36 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12371 Members
74 Forums
63592 Topics
444245 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#74319 - 06/18/01 02:46 PM Are there books on the residual effects of sexual abuse??
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just wanted to know of any literature on the residual effects of sexual abuse. For example, if anyone knows of literature that explains or goes through some residual effects long after the sexual abuse occurred.

Mike

#74320 - 07/31/01 03:30 PM Re: Are there books on the residual effects of sexual abuse??
Anonymous
Unregistered

Read "Victims No Longer," by Mike Lew. It's a good start. You'll find that all most everything is a risidual effect... it takes a while for most people to get to the point where they're ready to deal with it.

My theory, a part of you has to mature to the point that it can help the rest on the road of recovery. Until that happens, you are kind of stuck.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.