Newest Members
JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS
12466 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dm13 (39), Jaso (34), liliana888 (43), Raju (32)
Who's Online
4 registered (Jim1961, TJ jeff, 2 invisible), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12466 Members
74 Forums
64020 Topics
446791 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#74198 - 03/17/04 02:40 PM Ron Howard - triggering director?
crisispoint Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Massachusetts
Add Ron Howard to the list of directors I have to be very careul of in the future.

I'm embarased to say this, but while I was repressing, I saw "Ransom" without a problem. Now that I remember, I saw it recently and it triggered me BIG TIME! The thought of that little boy being terrorized hurt like nothing has in a long time. This bothers me a little because I SAW this movie before and it didn't affect me. You'd have figured, even though I was repressing, SOMETHING about the movie would've bothered me.

Then I saw "The Missing." Good movie, well directed, and it had two of my favorite actors, Tommy Lee Jones and Cate Blanchett, but the scenes showing the girl's (whose real name eludes me at present) abduction and cruelties at the hands of the Apache villain also triggered me off.

Damn it, movies are a pleasure of mine. Do I have to start being careful of them, too? \:\(

Anyway, anyone easily triggered would be better off avoiding "Ransom" and "The Missing."

Peace and love,

Scot

fromacuriousmind.blogspot.com
malehurtandsurvive.blogspot.com

#74199 - 03/17/04 03:00 PM Re: Ron Howard - triggering director?
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
Scot: Then for gods sake avoid American Dream

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.