Newest Members
0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady
12502 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
fakir (71), HelpMeHelpHim32 (41), motherstars (65)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 12 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12502 Members
74 Forums
64189 Topics
447924 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#74161 - 11/19/03 12:51 AM Movie: "Antwone Fisher"
UrsoBear Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington, DC
I recently saw the movie "Antwone Fisher", which is a thoughtful and well done portrayal of a young sailor in the navy who is having adjustment problems because of physical, emotional and sexual abuse he experienced as a boy. Denzel Washington stars as the navy psychiatrist who helps Antwone come to terms with his past. Most of the abuse portrayed is physical and emotional; the sexual abuse is portrayed offscreen. I did not find it triggering, although some might. I think this is a very good movie about one man's struggle to come to terms with with the trauma of his past and recommend it to fellow survivors.

Mick

#74162 - 11/21/03 10:00 PM Re: Movie: "Antwone Fisher"
outis Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Maryland USA
I got the DVD and was able to watch it, though it took two tries. (I'll probably wait for the DVD of "Mystic River," too, just to be on the safe side.) I think it is a good movie. It's based on a true story, too, or so I'd heard.

Joe

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.