Newest Members
DougieB, sethpeterson, R Ellis, SailingAway, Kitty6
12320 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Healer (53), Kilo (21), sdsjr (40), surfdude (57)
Who's Online
6 registered (The Seeker, usmcmarine21, Dave PNW, Seekingwisdom, Jude, 1 invisible), 23 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12320 Members
74 Forums
63372 Topics
443136 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#74049 - 03/24/03 01:18 AM Polanski Wins!
serafina Offline

Loc: Washington
Well are we suprised? Roman Polanski just won Best Director for the Pianist. What a world. Of course, he wouldn't dare be there to accept his award. At this point, we all need to find out the production company and ban those films as well because they hire and fund this asshole. He even got a standing ovation from some people. I did notice many people didn't stand or even clap. Evil wins again.

#74050 - 03/24/03 04:08 AM Re: Polanski Wins!
Les_Angry Offline
MaleSurvivor

\:\( \:\( \:\(

#74051 - 03/25/03 03:44 PM Re: Polanski Wins!
Wuamei Offline

Loc: The left turn I should have ta...
This is just another infuriating example of how out of touch with the common people and the real world most of Hollywood and much of the media is!
And of how little these bastards care about people who have been sexually abused!

I'm gonna shut up before I says something I or someone else might regret, if I haven't already!

Aaarrrggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

Victor

#74052 - 03/26/03 07:40 AM Re: Polanski Wins!
Les_Angry Offline
MaleSurvivor

Now when ever I see someone who has won an oscar I'll think "you've hit the big time, your right up there with Roman Polanski".

Peace
MO Healing

#74053 - 03/26/03 03:53 PM Re: Polanski Wins!
moo2 Offline

Loc: pottsboro,texas
MO + Victor,
I CAN NOT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!

EVIL WON THIS TIME!!!!!!
I WISH HOLLYWOOD WOULD NOT MAKE ANY MORE FILMS!!
It is getting rediculise what people will watch. I never watch the new movies coming out because a lot of movies is people getting hurt anyways. I am glad that many people did not even stand or clap. That was the only good in Hollywood. Maybe it will spread?!? No!!! Making too much money to give up making money!!!! Sorry. Going negative instead of positive.
WITH MUCH LOVE,
Kim

#74054 - 03/28/03 07:16 AM Re: Polanski Wins!
Les_Angry Offline
MaleSurvivor

I stopped watching them too Kim. On the brighter side, Mel Gibson is making a huge film about the last 12 hours of Jesus' life and spending 25 million of his own money to make it. I've heard they are running him out of Hollywood for making it. Good for him. I've seen him under attack in the tabloids and I'm sure it will only get worse, if they dont take him out completely.

Peace
MO Healing

#74055 - 03/28/03 04:23 PM Re: Polanski Wins!
Wuamei Offline

Loc: The left turn I should have ta...
This may be overly optimistic, but it's possible that Mel Gibson is a big enuf draw that Hollywood will decide running him out of town would be unprofitable.

Meanwhile I think what Mel is doing is remarkable and I look forward to seeing the movie. I hope everybody will watch it, if for no other reason than to support a movie that's decent for a change

Victor

#74056 - 03/30/03 09:30 PM Re: Polanski Wins!
serafina Offline

Loc: Washington
I would think twice about jumping on the Mel Gibson bandwagon. He has been in way too many movies with sexual violence and most of it has been men being kicked between the legs. Not the kind of movies I would want to see. One movie about Jesus doesn't take that away. You certainly would think differently about a humorous movie with women getting kicked between the legs-do we find things like that funny and actors who make movies like that???

#74057 - 03/31/03 02:54 AM Re: Polanski Wins!
Les_Angry Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thats true serafina, but who knows, maybe he had a change of heart and is turning around his life. Moses murdered a guy, I think the apostle Paul may have too, tax collectors became apostles and what about Mary Magdaline. I know the guy playing Jesus in that movie had a huge change of heart recently.

Peace
MO Healing

#74058 - 04/08/03 04:52 PM Re: Polanski Wins!
Shades of Gray Offline

This is my first post, I decided to come here because I have a huge affinity (read obsession) with movies. It has been my substance of abuse (escape) for a large part of my life.

However, the thing that made me decide to post here on this is that I personally have met Mel Gibson. I agree that he has made some movies that were perhaps questionable, but the fact is that he is a Christian (Catholic I believe) and has been faithful to his wife, and has had I think seven children. But when have you seen his name dragged through the mud on anything? The fact is that you wont because he does believe in standing up for whats right. He is part of a "silent minority" of people in Hollywood.

I think his making this film in spite of Hollywood goes above and beyond anything the majority of us could do. He is doing this to the possible detriment of his career in Hollywood. Just as an aside - he is an "Oscar" winner.

I dont say this to provoke any arguments, but just to say what has Mel done negatively that anyone has heard of?? I think he is doing a good thing.

I will give him my full support.

Edited by Shades of Gray (09/26/12 01:31 PM)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.