Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beluga (64), Isreal101 (65), Phil Sober (41), phil1973 (41), Teddy Bear (63)
Who's Online
4 registered (traveler, BraveFalcon, 2 invisible), 26 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63638 Topics
444465 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#74027 - 02/23/03 06:50 PM Polanski
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
The British version of the Oscars, the BAFTAS, have just awarded Roman Polanski an award, isn't he a convicted pedo' ?

Dave

#74028 - 02/23/03 07:25 PM Re: Polanski
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
I also refer you to Serafina's post here as well, "The Pianist" ( thanks to RJD for pointing it out )
This is the film the "British Acadamy of Film and Television Awards" have just awarded the best picture award to.
Obviously "he couldn't be here in person" ( he's hiding somewhere with no extradition treaty ) but the applause and toadying were up to the usual standards.

Dave

#74029 - 02/23/03 10:29 PM Re: Polanski
Wuamei Offline

Loc: The left turn I should have ta...
Dave,

I don't know whether people are too stupid to add 1 + 1 and get 2, and realize that by awarding this jackass they also award his behavior, including sexual offenses. Or if it's just that people don't give a damn about people who are sexually abused, especially boys & men.

I don't know what's worse: people who are stupid asses or people who don't give a shit!

Or both!!...

Victor

#74030 - 02/24/03 01:32 PM Re: Polanski
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
Tis a wonderful world in which we live. People cannot begin to fathom that a person with so much obvious talent& wealhcould be what he is. People as a general rule want to believe that everything but what they can see is merely conjecture. As an example When CHEY-WY went to the police. The only thing that was important to them was did John say NO. That is the whole sad tale.. Another popular and widely held belief is that we had to have bee a willing partner in it. I mean if this is not the case why did we wait so long to come forward.
I dont know what else to say. It is so damned unfair. I have a great deal of empathy for those young men who went off to fight that idiotic war in nam and did what they were told to do by incompetant leaders, lost their friends, their limbs and man their sanity only to return home to a very ungrateful nation. Their emotions from PTSD are the same as ours. And others felt that if they went they believed in it. Another brave young man I can think of is Matthew Sheppard. I have heard many people say "Well he was just a queer and he probably got what he desrved". That is a belief that I have repeated over and over in this country and I am sure the same goes for yours. Young Mathews only problem was he was in the wrong place at the right time. If he hit on them I say SO WHAT. Did anyone ever know about a young girl being hit on by a guy and because of it got her friends togther and make the guy suffer so terribly before he was murdered. In Mathews case it was murder. Another example of public apathy is that youg colored boy who was dragged behind a pickup truck and murdered by some good ole boys. How many people have thought that the colored boy must have precipated the whole effen thing.
The great unwashed masses think that the only reason we come forward is purely monetary. And they hate us for it.
What I am driving at here is for the most part they would rather stay in the prison that we have created. Our problems are our own. I mean my god look at those people (meaning us) theya are dragging the name of decent people and institutions through the mud. They must be liars or money grabbing low lifes.
MY ANSWER TO ALL THIS IS NOT EVER WILL WE SHUT UP BECAUSE IF WE DO THE FUTURE LIVES OF NEW VICTIMS WILL LIKE WE HAVE. AND THAT CANNOT HAPPEN. I am just so terribly sad and enraged that there will be others to follow us/ Gotta close my emotions are getting the best of me. I just cant seem to stop the tears anymore.

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

#74031 - 03/19/03 08:37 PM Re: Polanski
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
The UK Sunday Times.
March 16, 2003

He raped me ? but give him an Oscar
Samantha Geimer tells Margarette Driscoll she has tried to forget the
director assaulting her as a child, and Hollywood should too

As the limos glide up Hollywood Boulevard next Sunday night Samantha
Geimer will be kicking off her shoes, ready to curl up in front of the
television, as usual. But this year?s ceremony is of more than usual
resonance.

Nominated for seven Oscars, including best picture, is The Pianist,
directed by Roman Polanksi, who sexually assaulted Geimer when she was
13 years old.

The ensuing scandal almost finished Polanski?s career. The film, based
on the memoirs of Wladyslaw Szpilman, a Polish Jew who survived the Nazi
occupation of Warsaw, has already won two Baftas in London for best
picture and best director and also won the Palme d?Or at Cannes.

In normal circumstances such laurels would make it a dead cert for an
Oscar. But some believe that Polanski?s history will count against him.
Last week, with deadly timing, the entire tran>

#74032 - 03/20/03 01:18 PM Re: Polanski
Wuamei Offline

Loc: The left turn I should have ta...
Dave, you & others may disagree with me on this, but my thot on this is that this woman is still a victim whether she thinks so or not, and that she's not doing other victims, survivors, or potential victims any favors.

Victor

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.