Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
adam319 (46), Bellemaman (36), Bob G. (58), S D Witwicky (38)
Who's Online
3 registered (philistine, 2 invisible), 24 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63226 Topics
442125 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#73969 - 07/30/02 07:27 AM L.I.E.
BlueOne Offline

I can't decide if I hated this movie or if I loved it. It doesn't set the pedophile up as pure evil, which I prefer sometimes because it's easier for me to deal with, but in reality I think the lines are often blurred.

I felt really connected to the main character because I was confused and wild and out of control when I was 14 or 15. It was a little triggering, though. Luckily, I watched it with my boyfriend on DVD, and he let me turn it off whenever I needed to and breathe. Not that anything explicit ever happened, but just the reality of the situation, the way the abuser messed with the minds of the kids he abused, his nephew, especially. I liked the end, though. I won't give it away in case anybody wants to watch it (it is really intense, though, be warned), but I was just like, "Yeah! That's what you get, motherfucker!"

#73970 - 07/30/02 12:11 PM Re: L.I.E.
SoCalJohn Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Los Angeles, California
that was a pretty intense movie for me to watch too, for a lot of reasons, it just brought up all kinds of stuff. I remember walking out of the theatre trying to catch my breath, i am glad i had someone to hang onto while i was watching it too.

I asked him about this law he spoke of, he said,,, *watch* he then asked the others to share about their lives,,, the others talked of how things were for them, how things worked in their lives,,, and as they believed, it was so.

#73971 - 07/31/02 04:17 AM Re: L.I.E.
Harry Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
Blue One - I loved the ending too. It was perfect. As far as making to pedophile out to being an actual human being, I have mixed emotions. I also like to categorize any perverted fuck that has ruined lives under "pure unforgivable evil". Send 'em straight to hell. And then just when your hate for the guy in the movie dwindles slightly because of the fact that he isn't as one-sided as we thought, the movie ends. God what an ending.

I watched it with someone too. It was a trip for us both.

-John

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.