Newest Members
RodrigoBR, MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two
12332 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueelectron9 (48), Grunty1967b (2014), highflight (42), jocks44 (54), kitm1 (47), Porrick (44)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12332 Members
74 Forums
63413 Topics
443353 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#7390 - 04/19/03 01:49 PM Thanks, Sick Puppy & Cement
outis Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Maryland USA
Last night I finally managed to post a de>

#7391 - 04/19/03 03:17 PM Re: Thanks, Sick Puppy & Cement
Wuamei Offline

Loc: The left turn I should have ta...
WTG Joe!

There is such power in sharing your story, even online; something powerful about putting it down in writing. Kinda demystifies your abuse, makes it real, yet also takes out some of the power it has over you. The truth shall set you free!

Victor

#7392 - 04/19/03 11:47 PM Re: Thanks, Sick Puppy & Cement
Cement Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southern California
If I have made a difference, or shone a light, I am so proud.

Great work, Joe.

Peace,
James

#7393 - 04/19/03 11:55 PM Re: Thanks, Sick Puppy & Cement
Sick Puppy Offline

Loc: Nowhere Land
Wow! I am so glad I helped somebody... \:\) I makes me feel so great to have helped out my brothers at MS and I am really proud of you for posting your story. We will all keep on going! \:D

But for now we are young
Let us lay in the sun
And count every beautiful thing we can see

Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane Over the Sea

#7394 - 04/20/03 02:30 AM Re: Thanks, Sick Puppy & Cement
Sleepy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Arizona, USA
Joe,
I think that's so cool that you were able to show thanks to SP and Cement. Sometimes it's easy to lose yourself in your issues and as a result you feel that you don't really matter. But when someone tells you that you made a difference then it can make you feel pretty good. It makes you feel that you matter.
mike

"Mental health is a commitment to reality at all times."
--M. Scott Peck

#7395 - 04/21/03 08:07 PM Re: Thanks, Sick Puppy & Cement
outis Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Maryland USA
Mike,

SP's post really helped me find the courage to go through with posting. I'm in a curious situation where I want to use SIA and Al Anon, but I'm in no f***ing hurry to get a sponsor. I've started thinking of this board as a "sponsor" since it's safe.

When I saw how quickly SP had been able to talk face to face with his uncle after just mentioning he was considering it, I realized that recovery will require positive action. Monkey see, monkey do \:\) maybe?

As soon as I clicked the "Add New Topic" button, I realized that the story was out there for the world to see. It's not even the "Members only" section. Anyone can read about it now. And the tagline that James uses popped right into my head. The darkness is not mine. Instead, I have found a powerful light, in myself and even more so, in each of you as we help each other.

It's been up and down and up and down since then, and I'm beginning to understand that this journey is a long haul operation. But then again I can think of your tagline \:D and keep going!

Thanks,

Joe

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.