Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beluga (64), Isreal101 (65), Phil Sober (41), phil1973 (41), Teddy Bear (63)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63638 Topics
444455 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#73782 - 05/07/03 01:11 PM "The Day I Forgave My Father"
Wuamei Offline

Loc: The left turn I should have ta...
This is supposed to be a song sung and/or written by Joe Dolce who sings "Shaddup Your Face", a song about mother.

Apparently Joe had a violent father, which I can definitely relate to. My father used to shake me so badly as an infant that I now know myself to be a survivor of SIS (Shaken Infant Syndrome) which is probably what caused my brothers'
"retardation" & early death.

Recently I have recovered more detailed memories about this, especially in my neck, shoulders & back, always my worst pain areas anyway.

Thus I am getting more body therapy work done especially in these areas, trying to heal those bad body memories, with my massage T & chiropractor.

After I told my chiro about the SIS, he mentioned an exercise for me to do called 70 x 7. I am to for the next week write out in longhand "I forgive
my father for everything" 70 times a day which will in a week equal 490 times. Then I can do the same with my mother or anyone else.

My chiro says he has done exercises like this as part of a group and found it very helpful for many
as simple & kinda silly as it sounds.

But as he says its not for my father its for me so I figure it can't hurt to try.

Meanwhile in looking up "Shaddup Your Face" I found this somewhat tongue in cheek yet poignant bio piece about Joe Dolce:

"Joe was born in Painesville, Ohio, late in life. His early musical training started when his father kicked a hole in his drum. Early inspiration came from his mother swooning over Dean Martin, his father's critical analysis of The Beatles, 'They'll last a week'..."

There was also a reference to the song "The Day I Forgave My Father" but I could find no lyrics or any more details about the story behind it.

If anyone can find either I'd sure appreciate it.

Victor

#73783 - 05/08/03 02:17 AM Re: "The Day I Forgave My Father"
RickL Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Oregon
Wow Victor,

Maybe this is something I should try. There's huge resistance in my thought just thinking about writing that 490 times! But it could be a real key to my healing of father issues. Wow. I want a progress report on what this does for you!

Rick

#73784 - 05/08/03 04:01 PM Re: "The Day I Forgave My Father"
Wuamei Offline

Loc: The left turn I should have ta...
Yes, teacher!

NP Brother. If you can come around to doing this exercise yourself I hope it will be very healing for you. Let me know. TC & TTYL bro.

Now, where's my blackboard? \:D

Victor

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.