Newest Members
RodrigoBR, MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two
12332 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueelectron9 (48), Grunty1967b (2014), highflight (42), jocks44 (54), kitm1 (47), Porrick (44)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 15 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12332 Members
74 Forums
63413 Topics
443353 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#73631 - 03/18/03 09:48 PM WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW
orodo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Imladris, The Safe Haven of Ar...
Easier To Run
(Print the Lyrics)

It's easier to run
Replacing this pain with something long
Itís so much easier to run
Replace all this pain here all alone

Something has been taken from deep inside of me
The secret Iíve been locked away where one could never see
look so different, never show,
They never go away
Like moving pictures in my head
??

[Mikeís part]
If I could change I would
Take all the pain I would
Retrace every wrong move that I made I would
If I could stand up and take the blame I would
If I could take all the shame and the pain I would
I would take all the shame and the blame

It's easier to run replacing this pain with something long

Some things I remember but thought the soul bypassed
Bringing back these memories I wish I didnít have
Sometimes I think Iím letting go and never looking back
I never really thought so, I never realized?

[Mikeís part]
If I could take all the shame and the pain I would
I would take all the shame and the blame

Just watch it in the sun
All of the helplessness as Iíve
Pretending I donít feel misplaced
Itís so much simpler to change

It's easier to run replacing this pain with something long

It's easier to run

Retrace every wrong move that I made

It's easier to run

I would take all the shame with me

It is better to be Dragon Master than Dragon Slayer. Some Dragons are meant to be mastered, others meant to be slain. Odin, Great Spirit, God, grant me the wisdom to know the difference. "May the Valar guide and bless you on your path under the sky"

#73632 - 03/31/03 10:49 PM Re: WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW
Ron_dup1 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Arkansas
This is by far my favorite song on the new Linkin Park CD, "Meteora"
Thanks for posting the lyrics here!
Does anyone know the story of the band?
I have heard that several of them are survivors and have talked about it in some interviews but I have been unable to locate anything on the web about it.
If you know of such an interview or information please share it with us. I am certain that the person who wrote this song has suffered much if it is SA or not! I can relate to it!

#73633 - 04/01/03 10:05 AM Re: WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW
Wuamei Offline

Loc: The left turn I should have ta...
Ron:

While I've listened to some Linkin Park and it doesn't seem quite my type of music, I'm interested in any good survivor group, and their lyrics definitely speak to the survivor soul it seems. So I'll see what I can find, let you know, and maybe listen some more.

Victor

#73634 - 04/01/03 07:55 PM Re: WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW
orodo Offline
MaleSurvivor

here is a brief bio of the band

http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/singerUnid/9EF5136D3FAF011A4825698F0031F838

I am gonna look for more info on this subject...

BRB

Peace

Orodo

It is better to be Dragon Master than Dragon Slayer. Some Dragons are meant to be mastered, others meant to be slain. Odin, Great Spirit, God, grant me the wisdom to know the difference. "May the Valar guide and bless you on your path under the sky"

#73635 - 04/01/03 11:06 PM Re: WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW
orodo Offline
MaleSurvivor

http://www.linkinpark.com/bios.php

Read the last line of that interview...ha...imagine that...

#73636 - 04/03/03 07:47 PM Re: WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW
Ron_dup1 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hey guys the latest issue of Spin Magazine mentions that Chester Bennington (the lead singer and one who writes much of the lyrics) was sexually abused as a child. That is all it says in one brief sentence. In my searches I found this article in Rolling Stone:

Rollingstone Magazine
January 18, 2000
NEW FACES
LINKIN PARK
by Jenny Eliscu
<>
For all the rage they project, though, Linkin Park want to be seen as approachable- regular guys with regular problems, who just so happen to be budding rock stars. "People see us after a show," Bennington says, "and it's like, 'Wait a second- you're supposed to be this scary guy, and you're not.'" He describes himself as a "happy-go-lucky dude" and says playing music has served as a kind of therapy to help him work through childhood trauma. "I've never talked about it," he says nervously. "I was molested when I was a kid [by a friend]." Following five years of sexual abuse and the divorce of his parents when he was eleven, Bennington became addicted to cocaine and methamphetamine in his early teens. "I went straight in the wrong fucking direction," he says. "That's where I get some of my intensity from, and I think that fuels the music we write."

"In this country, people do not think about the sensitivity of young men," Bennington adds. "It's a real tragedy. For kids to be able to listen to bands like us who are able to express ourselves-not through violence and vulgarity-I think it helps them learn to express themselves."
<>
This is not the whole article, but just the part I thought was most appropriate for this discussion.
Peace,
Ron
PS - I knew the first time I heard Linkin Park that I would be a fan forever... not maybe I know why!

#73637 - 04/03/03 07:54 PM Re: WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW
Ron_dup1 Offline
MaleSurvivor

oops - how do you edit your post?....
the PS Line should have read:
PS - I knew the first time I heard Linkin Park that I would be a fan forever... NOW maybe I know why!

I typed "not" instead of NOW
oops.. \:\)

#73638 - 04/03/03 08:30 PM Re: WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW
Wuamei Offline

Loc: The left turn I should have ta...
Ron:

To edit a post, look at the top and the paper & pen icon. Clicking on this will take you to an editable version of your post.

Victor

#73639 - 04/03/03 08:56 PM Re: WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW
orodo Offline
MaleSurvivor

just reading the lyrics, hearing the music, I just knew. I will search for the whole article. I'm an old fart by the bands standards. He should know that he is not alone, perhaps we could invite him as an honored guest to chat? My mind is all over the place with this. I don't know the guys, but i feel like i've known them forever? I feel like he has been my little brother that i never had....I dunno what else to say. Thanks for the lead on the article, Ron. Somehow it gives me peace to know that someone outthere knows my pain, and has the talent and genius and guts to express it, and imagine, without being profane or vulgar. He is a genius. No wonder my 12 year old son likes the band and the music so much. He says he likes the music, i asked him the other day if he ever listened to the lyrics and knew what the pain was all about. My son said he thinks the writer was very depressed about something. My son also said he figures the writer could feel better by playin his guitar loud and screaming the words. ((((((((MY SON)))))))) From the mouths of babes...

Peace

Orodo

#73640 - 04/04/03 10:57 AM Re: WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW
Ron_dup1 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Orodo
hug your son for me! Wow, what a great insightful and caring young man you are raising! I hope you are proud. I don't know for sure but would guess that playing his guitar and screaming really loud does make Chester Bennington feel better. I know that playing my stereo really loud and screaming along with him makes me feel better!
I would love it if we could get him to be a guest chat host one night! He does not seem to want to talk about the abuse too much, at least not in public. I understand that after he mentioned it before many writers took ALL the bands songs and tried to make them all about his abuse. He was upset by that and wants the music to speak to anyone in pain for any reason. So the lyrics are vauge about what has caused the pain but explicit about how it feels! That is a powerful combination in my opinion.
Ron

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.