Newest Members
dspwilson, Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated
12384 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alan Fountain (52), blindpet (31), egoror (49), Midas (33), uwa (78)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63648 Topics
444523 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#73167 - 04/05/05 02:10 PM Re: This is me. (triggers)
chuck Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: mid atlantic
Mark R
Thanks for your sharing. Like you I don't know where what caused my sexual orientation since I was abused by both my parents. Yes being SA survivor has made it a more torturous course to go through because of confusion caused by these people and others. However, I have realized that I perfer to be with men. Believe me it is not a step I really wanted to choose but I have accepted it. The abuse only made it more difficult to determine what my oreintation is. However I am more at peace and the conflicts are not as tough as before this acceptance. Part of this recognition was the result of being honest with my T and working with him through this understanding. I realize I still have a long way to go regarding the SA.

Chuck

#73168 - 04/06/05 04:03 AM Re: This is me. (triggers)
Mark R. Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Santa Cruz, CA
Thank you to everyone that has posted. I have been learning to let go - to not be in control. I didn't have control over my abuse, I didn't have control over my mother, I didn't have control over my sexual identity. I am choosing to love myself. I have been writing to another member and we have been sharing the wonderful things we like about ourselves, sharing our secrets. How wonderful to have someone who cares and says "I'm sorry." It has helped me to see why I am who I am. It is wonderful to find others that feel like I do. I am learning to feel normal. Keep writing - it works.

Mark

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.