Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
iwishicared (41), Scott Oliver (53), TutDaVinci (32)
Who's Online
4 registered (traveler, don64, 2 invisible), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63368 Topics
443104 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#72902 - 11/17/04 09:45 PM new here
MollyHatchetrules Offline

Loc: Hoover, AL USA
Hi, I'm Jon. I am still trying to get past abuse that I went through when I was 11 until I was 13. I'll be 21 next week. At first I wasn't sure about coming here, but after seeing that there is a forum specifically for gay survivors and after reading some of the posts here I've decided to give it a chance. I'm not really sure what else to say right now. I really don't have time to go into detail right now about what happened or how I've been affected by it, but maybe later.

And the world will live as one
-John Lennon

#72903 - 11/18/04 02:34 PM Re: new here
Rustam Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
Hi MHrules,

Welcome to the site. I have been visiting here for a couple of months and am finding it helpful, hope you do too.

Rustam

#72904 - 11/18/04 04:38 PM Re: new here
dwf Offline
Moderator/BoD Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Austin, Texas USA
Hi MHRules,

Congratulations on taking another step towards overcoming the effects of sexual abuse. By coming here and posting you are making an important contribution to your recovery.

Please come and share as much or as little as feels comfortable for you to do. It has been important for me to proceed at my own pace and you get to decide what feels right for you.

It is so sad that men and boys like us are exploited and damaged by sexual abuse. What is even sadder is that we feel forced to keep it secret out of shame or a false sense of responsibility.

I know because I kept my abuse secret for more than 25 years---that's a long time!

Finding this place has been a wonderful thing in my life. Hope you will come back and find some of that wonderful help too.

Please feel free to ask any questions or to send private messages to me. I would be glad to get to know you more and help you anyway I can.

Regards,

-Tony Joe White

#72905 - 11/18/04 05:59 PM Re: new here
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
Hi MH. I am sorry for the reason you are here but am glad that you have found us.

Each and every one of us, gay, straight and anywhere in between, is here for the same reason.

You will find absolutely no prejudice at all and that includes religion, race, sexual identity or anything else for that matter.

This is a safe place to be and to know that you are no longer alone.

MS is in support of Therapy and if you are looking for one you will find under the word survivors at the top "Find a Therapist"

I am certainly proud of you for taking the step of dealing with the SA at an early age. I hid it for 40years and it played havoc with my life.

Remember too that it was never your fault, shame or guilt.

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

#72907 - 11/19/04 03:27 AM Re: new here
Kenn Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Toronto, Canada
Welcome Jon -

This is a good place with really good people!

Kenn

William Shakespeare, Hamlet

#72908 - 11/20/04 11:47 PM Re: new here
ScottyTodd Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Pennsylvania
MHrules - Welcome!! Thanks for speaking out! Everyone who speaks out and joins in affirms we are not alone!! Thanks for searching and NOT giving up!! We are here to support and help each other through our recoveries!!!

Howard

#72909 - 12/02/04 10:59 AM Re: new here
Hurt Me No More Offline

Loc: Texas
Welcome MH.
You've found a great source for support and lots of new friends that will tell you you're going to be OK.
Listen to them, they're right. \:\)

TBear Dave

#72910 - 12/02/04 03:40 PM Re: new here
abcd Offline

Loc: GA
Hey,

I just saw your message...good job on finding this site...this is something that really helped me (it seems so long ago when I found this site...I was about your age...now, I'm 26). Anyway, I hope it helps, and really good job. Remember, success isn't about never falling, but getting up everytime you do.

P.S. I don't know if this is too much for you right now, but here's an interesting site which helped give me some direction as I finally embraced my sexuality with my faith...

http://www.christianlesbians.com/congregations/

#72911 - 12/02/04 04:41 PM Re: new here
MollyHatchetrules Offline

Loc: Hoover, AL USA
Thanks to everyone who replied. Sorry I haven't posted much. But like I said in my first post, I am considering talking about what happened. I just don't think I'm ready for that now. And I specifically wanted to thank abcd. Thanks for your concern about reconciling my homosexuality with my faith.

And the world will live as one
-John Lennon

#72912 - 12/02/04 10:49 PM Re: new here
MikeInFlorida Offline

Loc: Titusville
Hey MH,

I too am new here, and am also gay, but am much farther along in my life. Welcome!! I look forward to getting to know you and others here.

Mike

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.